Techno/Tech House mix train #5 - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The file I deleted is just 30 minutes so we're missing Completej's part. I've PM'd him to see if he still has his part.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I submitted my part, luckily I also kept it locally.

Where am I uploading it again? I had used Jojos link he gave me before, but is there a better / newer dropbox to toss it to?
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

uploading the final part. The levels are a little erratic (loud/quiet/loud/somewhere-in-between) but it flows pretty well as a whole. Hope I didn't veer *too* far from the techy theme....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

hehehe looks like it finally uploaded if anyone is still interested in this. I was tempted to add compression to the whole thing to smooth out the levels since it's pretty obvious level-wise when the DJs change, but otherwise the mixes seem smooth between parts. Hope someone enjoys it Oh yeah I guess I should get a track list together when I get back home.

If someone wants to try and fix the levels say so and I'll wait to upload it.

Chris Jennings FHP

It's not too bad ... second slot is noticeably lower (and there is the weird distortion affecting the left channel only, leading to very minor clipping just on that channel), and third slot is noticeably higher but I didn't see any real clipping (though the red lines in the picture seem to indicate otherwise?) Certainly there's no audible distortion in the loud sections; possibly compressing the second slot and then normalizing it volume-wise would do the trick. Or maybe just compress the whole damn thing and see what happens - I'll try it if you want but not sure I will get to it before next week....

OK I managed to work on it tonight; it's uploading now so it should be up in about 10 hours lol. It's still got issues but it's a little more consistent.

Seeing that picture my part is alot quieter, could you give me any tips on how to record a little louder? When I record I have it as loud as I can without it red lining in Audacity. Or do you guys use something else. Any tips please.

I did some amplifying and reducing to get the whole thing more consistent; the updated file should be in your dropboxes now; hopefully it's ready to go!

Suit you can always "normalize" your set after you record -- audacity should have that option, it basically raises the volume to the max permissable without clipping. The volume things get recorded at is dependent on multiple things including your sound card and software. The problem with yours wasn't just the volume; there was a strange imbalance and distortion on the left channel (you can see spikes on the top part of the photo that aren't duplicated on the bottom part) that I'm guessing is coming from your soundcard. What are you using?

Do we have a complete tracklist?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast