Can I Haz S4 Ean Golden Mapping Plz? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Tech Guru

I found many bugs with the new mapping last night, haven't had the time to document them all properly but the pitch faders are wack now or else there is some specific order you have to go through for enabling/disabling the two types of effects....

Not having hid really hurts the results of the pitch faders and its pretty much an obligatory sync when using this mapping but still fun....

I can't seem to imitate ean's work with his acapellas in the orginal s2 video but ill keep working or see what was different about his mapping in that video.

Yeah, Ean's mapping in the S2 video were specially made for that video. The effects in the new mapping are sort of more generic.

And yes, without sync, using effects in the jogs is much more difficult. There is no shame in using SYNC, because it opens up a whole new world of creativity.

I don't want to steal Ean's show. He and his team have put in many, many hours into the S2 and S4 mapping and giving them for free, is, well, totally monumental. However, I have also been putting in some hours in my S4 jog effects mapping. Actually Ean's S2 video inspired me to do it. It is a slightly different approach to jog FX in that I am using the built in "Jog to FX" setting in Traktor and have added a supplementary mapping to the default mapping, which means you don't loose things like the loop indicator and some of the other issues you get making your own custom user mapping from scratch. I am also looking for people to test it. So, if anyone is interested, I'd really appreciate it.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43115

BTW, the first effect mode in my mapping is sort of an "offspring" of the left jog in Ean's S2 Video. I sure hope Ean doesn't mind.

I actually wish NI would improve their Controller Manager and mapping capabilities and what you can do with them. I really believe this is a strength in Traktor, which could be totally built upon. I am sure Ean is also telling them that too. At least I hope so.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    I found many bugs with the new mapping last night, haven't had the time to document them all properly but the pitch faders are wack now or else there is some specific order you have to go through for enabling/disabling the two types of effects....

Not having hid really hurts the results of the pitch faders and its pretty much an obligatory sync when using this mapping but still fun....

I can't seem to imitate ean's work with his acapellas in the orginal s2 video but ill keep working or see what was different about his mapping in that video.
    A fair assessment. I love the jog wheel mapping, its a cool feature, I'm not keen on the sample deck mapping and would rather make them back into sample decks which is more useful for me + I'm going to use a midifighter for cues 5-8 anyway.

The pitch faders have lost accuracy to the point I want to go back to NI mapping for the moment, I've also just upgraded to T2 2.12 after putting the DJTT mapping in - doh!

I noticed the DJTT mapping also loses the numerical display for loop length which is a pain.

So, can I remap the sample decks whilst keeping the jog wheel mapping? (sorry for the basic question, I'm only just learning about tsi's etc)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by anteater32 View Post
    A fair assessment. I love the jog wheel mapping, its a cool feature, I'm not keen on the sample deck mapping and would rather make them back into sample decks which is more useful for me + I'm going to use a midifighter for cues 5-8 anyway.

The pitch faders have lost accuracy to the point I want to go back to NI mapping for the moment, I've also just upgraded to T2 2.12 after putting the DJTT mapping in - doh!

I noticed the DJTT mapping also loses the numerical display for loop length which is a pain.

So, can I remap the sample decks whilst keeping the jog wheel mapping? (sorry for the basic question, I'm only just learning about tsi's etc)
    you can sample via recording button, its just the drag & drop that doesnt work anymore and I'm using the mouse for one shots just now.

Tech Student

I'm having this problem too, any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by letstango View Post
    I got the TSI file, but I can't seem to get it working correctly .

I've loaded it twice, and pressing the shift + offset turns on the effects mode. Pressing the jog wheel turns the effect on, but moving the jog wheel does nothing.

Also I can't seem to see the beat jump number above the loop knob anymore .

Anybody have an idea what to do?

Tech Student

Default Same

Quote Originally Posted by mokha1 View Post
    I'm having this problem too, any updates?
    I am having the same problem with the jogwheels, the loobsection isnt working at all, not to forget the filternobs.

You can see the filters are turning inside Traktor, but they arent affecting the sounds at all.. Hope they get this working when they get home from vacation

Besides that, the effects is awesome!!

Tech Convert

Just turn on the lil filter button within traktor with the mouse. They said it's a known bug and hopefully will be addressed

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678