Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 78
Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Comments are an absolute MUST when you're writing mappings.

TBH, it's a great shame that there is only ONE comments field.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Default Basic mapping

Would somebody be so kind to share with me knowledge how to map behaviour of jog wheel to simulate classic vinyl? Touch => pause; move forward od rewind => scratch. I am using Traktor Scratch Pro 2 with Akiyama Sirion SC and there is no complete mapping for this controller so I have to do all by myself at generic MIDI mode. TIA for your help.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucc Bizon View Post
    Would somebody be so kind to share with me knowledge how to map behaviour of jog wheel to simulate classic vinyl? Touch => pause; move forward od rewind => scratch. I am using Traktor Scratch Pro 2 with Akiyama Sirion SC and there is no complete mapping for this controller so I have to do all by myself at generic MIDI mode. TIA for your help.
    Hey there Lucc Bizon, this question seemed very popular in this forums so I've made this simple tutorial:

Hope you can find it useful

Default Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hope you can find it useful
    I am kind of lama but I will give it (me :-) a try for sure. Thank you very much.

Hey guys,

I'm building a custom remix deck D mapping for CNTRL:R and would appreciate your input on this slot monitor un-behavior.
    So there's a four buttons mapped to toggle the 'Slot FX On' function for each slot in the remix deck D.
    Each of this buttons should also enable the Monitor Cue for deck D (type=button / mode=direct / value=1)

However, this isn't working properly... The Monitor Cue D does enable PFL but seems it also block the Slot Cue function!

Already tried testing on different controllers and keyboard, nothing seems to work. This mapping is fairly simple so the possibility of note conflicts is not an option.

Anybody care to test and confirm this?

Thanks, Best

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm building a custom remix deck D mapping for CNTRL:R and would appreciate your input on this slot monitor un-behavior.
    So there's a four buttons mapped to toggle the 'Slot FX On' function for each slot in the remix deck D.
    Each of this buttons should also enable the Monitor Cue for deck D (type=button / mode=direct / value=1)

However, this isn't working properly... The Monitor Cue D does enable PFL but seems it also block the Slot Cue function!

Already tried testing on different controllers and keyboard, nothing seems to work. This mapping is fairly simple so the possibility of note conflicts is not an option.

Anybody care to test and confirm this?

Thanks, Best
    Yeah bro, I'll get on that tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    Yeah bro, I'll get on that tonight
    Thanks man! I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Tech Mentor

I'm still having trouble with my laptop, can you go into a little more detail on the problem? I can work on it in my head while I wait for repairs.

button 1: Slot 1 monitor / toggle
    button 2: Slot 2 monitor / toggle
    button 3: Slot 3 monitor / toggle
    button 4: Slot 4 monitor / toggle

This works properly... but when I add this:

button 1: Monitor cue D / button=direct / value=1
    button 2: Monitor cue D / button=direct / value=1
    button 3: Monitor cue D / button=direct / value=1
    button 4: Monitor cue D / button=direct / value=1

It seems that deck cue gives a condition to deactivate the slot monitors for that deck. I didn't test other decks mappings though..

Looks like a bug in controller manager. I can try a workaround by using modifier output trick but I think I'll go for using another button in this mapping.

Sometimes I can see a bit of LED before the slot monitor function is shut. Seems that this scenario makes traktor think it should treat this command with a note off massage.