Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I didn't cos I've read before that you already got masher and transpose in jogFX mode. Yes it's one of my bcd3000 videos that you can find in traktor tips n tricks thread as well as explanation for effects. Here is a pic for you:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Gee, why didn't you show me that video before? That could be a cool FX mode for the jog wheels too. Did you do that video? Do you know what effects are being used exactly?
    scamo
    Idd, nice effect, I'm jealous. I'll have to wait till Scamo comes out with something new.
    Some simple mappings I can do, but what he does,

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey guys, glad you like it!

I love to create some more complex mappings from extreme I guess I had only one controller in my setup but always wanted to add new effect or trick to improve my performance with new techniques so my mapping needed more space but, I have easily burned all modifiers which can be only 8 in one mapping device. Then I have come to concept of adding new device to that same mapping to give me additional 8 modifiers so I could map more stuff using mostly jog and fader FX (till now there is over 40). Things like suercombos, masher mode, IG mode with MFpro superfader, one full delays n reverbs mode, Focus isolate FX rmx-1000 replicate, PLOOPER mode which is my favorite part (great for dubstep wobbles but I use it for techno) etc... Eight mode in total with four sub banks in last mode or other words like maschine's eight pages with additional four in any of pages basically but for full layer of controller. I call it modifier grid

This means I can take for example some of extreme mappings and put it in one of modifier page. In S4 case I would map that same button which activate jog FX modes in scamo's mapping to be "global" shift which turns all pads at that side of controller to this page selectors and definitely add double deck focus in one of modes to overcome A-C n B-D switching. In fact this principals can be applied to any controller to push mapping potential for DJ and controllerist.

For that video above I have modified fader to play as it's sending two CC's and did map effect amounts in relative mode so I could use rotary sensitivity to adjust parameters to have a full sweep in a half movement of fader. It's basically a macro knob. I think that mapping macro effects with this setup will be interesting access but still there should be some jog FX combinations as well.

@scamo- I never heard your mapping actually, I know something from videos you posted but I would really like to hear more so I could know what you are eventually missing from my library that I could further suggest to you.

Cheers!

Well, I am not going to invest any time into my mapping until 2.6 is out. There is just too much new in 2.6 that is a total game changer for my mapping.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Hey Scamo! Great mapping! Just one question. Everytime I load a song into deck B the gain knob gets reset or something and it screws up. When I have the deck in scratch mode it selects the effects and if I scratch it does scratching plus the effect selected. When I go into the effects mode pressing load button, it acts as gain knob and doesent select the effects. If I push the jog no effect will sound. The only way of getting it right is resetting the deck by shift+most external offset. It happens to me every single time I load a song and is a pain in the ass!! I tried reimporting the mapping twice, erasing everything and starting allover again, but no luck... Am I the only one to get this? Thanks for your help and thanks again for such an amazing job

How are you loading the track? And does it only happen to deck B?

scamo

Tech Wizard

2.6 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfly View Post
    2.6 is out!
    Just messed around with 2.6 for about 20 minutes. In my short test, Scamo's mapping worked perfectly as is. It was easy to switch between his jog effects (using jogwheels, of course) and the new macro effects (by clicking one of the group effects and selecting a new macro, then using that knob for control). Really worked well, particularly on his effects that didn't use all three groups (you could replace an "empty" effect with a macro, and have even more options). Can wait to dig a little deeper!

EDIT: Also (and correct me if I'm wrong) it seems like the Macro effects behave just like the regular, single effects in terms of how they are mapped and assigned to an FX unit or group. Doesn't that mean you could create a jogwheel mapping that incorporates the standard effects along with the new macros, or multiple macro effects? Some of the macros are pretty destructive by themselves, but I imagine that people more clever than me will be able to combine them for some cool results. You could also simply create a mapping that made all the new macros into jogwheel effects, so that changing presets with the Gain knob would take you from one macro to the next.
    Last edited by jdownesbaird; 10-25-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Ran into an issue with 2.6 where I use the gain knobs to change effects modes, but, using the gain knobs to change effects disables the FX channels (1,3) for the deck that I am mixing on and defaults to deck C instead. I cannot figure this out.

EDIT: Re-imported the mapping and everything is working very well. Mapping plays nice with 2.6. Nice job scamo.
    Last edited by supraman1120; 10-25-2012 at 03:59 PM.

@supraman1120 - it happened to me last night too, but it was me turning the deck C gain knob, instead of the deck A knob.

@jdownesbaird - yes you are right. The Macro FX are just another effect (and a bit disappointing for me actually), so mapping them into a mode is going to be simple and it could be possible to chain/ layer them too. What also disappoints me some is, the bugs with the FX jog mode I reported to NI are still in the software.

Has anyone played with the post fader mode and my mapping?......buuhhaaaahahahahahaaha. That adds a whole other aspect to working with effects now. So many things to try out.....

And does anyone know how the mapping override thingy works? I didn't spend much time last night looking, but couldn't find how to override any default mapping controls. And does anyone know how to turn on the flux mode? Haven't found that either.

Edit: Here is some information from NI about Macro FX and Flux Mode and Mapping Overriding. And it looks like I am going to have to start from scratch with my mapping now to improve it using the mapping override. Version 6 here we come! Just got to find some time....

Edit: with the new EQ quick snap function, I can see another FX mode coming....

scamo

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast