Bread's Novation Twitch Performance Mapping [Traktor] - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

So, here you can download my customized twitch mapping file - http://www.ulozto.net/xBnjeGg/twitch...adfreshley-tsi

It was made thanks to Bread Freshley's mapping and a lot of things are same in my mapping.
    Fader FX and Touch Strip FX are implemented, you can change between those FX easily.
    I did not implemented beat slicer and grat mode, because i found it useless for my mixing.

Summarization:
    -you can chose fader effects and touchstrip effects easily
    -tempo knobs and tree knob are ineverted (i like it this way more)
    -tempo knob shift rotation is changed to 0.10 of BPM
    -CUE button blinks into the beat
    -dry/wet effect button is still active and affect all effects
    -when you choose effect, you can turn it on on pad in "effect mode", but pads now work in hold mode (for effects 1 and 2, effects 3 and 4 work in "toggle mode", but let those turned off to fader FX and Strip FX work propperly)
    -filter permanenty turned on
    -effect select knob is now used for loops, if use it with shift button, you can select fader effects
    -if you use new effect select button with shift, you can change touch strip effect
    -forward/backward buttons now jump for 4 bars and for 1 beat with shift button
    -pad buttons number 5,6 and 7 are in "FX mode" used for high/low/mid frequencies kill
    -and some more, you will find out =)

Here is pic with new button labels

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...408172803.jpg/

It's not the best pic quality.
    Labels are: from top, left - FX1/Strip FX select(with shift) - FX2/Strip FX select(with shift) - Fader FX on - Loop/Fader FX select(with shift)

Enjoy and feel free to ask me on some details
    Thx again to Bread Freshley

Pajero
    Last edited by Pajero; 04-09-2012 at 02:47 AM.

Tech Convert

Whats up Pajero. Your map sounds cool, but there is no picture in the attachment. I have no idea how to turn on fader fx or how to adjust them. I noticed hitting the shift button changes things up but I don't see nothing moving on the screen if I tweak the different knobs/touch strip.

edit: My bad, didn't use the traktor overlay... was using the wrong shift button. Liking this .tsi you got going on Pajero.
    Last edited by emenl; 04-08-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Tech Convert

Hello emenl,
    my bad with picture.

Here it is again. It's bad picture quality, but i hope, thata you will get it.
    Labeles are also explained in my previous post.

Have fun with mapping.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...408172803.jpg/

P.S.: Touchstrip FX works like this: Hold shift button and with knob labeled FX1/Strip FX select effect - you can see which effect you selected in FX panel 3, second effect in group - then just hold shift and use touchstrip when your track is playing and voilá =)
    Last edited by Pajero; 04-09-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Tech Convert

Thanks Pajero, figured it all out after spending some time with it last night. With both of these *.tsi and some free time on my hand, maybe I'll be able to learn a thing or two about programming to customize the twitch to my needs as I like some features in both. Would like to convert the Loop into a sample bank and the Beat Grid into a Instant Grat/Echo Out fade. Best way to learn is trial and error, right?

Tech Convert

Here's my own humble offering after tweaking with Bread's mapping - please note that this is designed to be used with a Native Instruments X1 (or any other controller) which has more extensive control over effects than Twitch. I've not included the X1 mapping here, just the main file for Twitch. It works 'right out of the box' as it were, but as mentioned below, there's scope for more functionality. Any takers!?

Summary of changes made to Bread's mapping:

- Fader FX changed to flanger
    - Stopped 'shift' flashing and made 'play' button flash in sync on all four decks (green on decks A & B and red on C & D to help differentiate between decks)
    - 'Shift' buttons light up when pressed
    - Deleted non-programmed pads in FX mode (found the array of lights too flashy)
    - Added 'pan' feature to all four decks: press 'shift' and turn EQ high knob
    - Layout changes to make EQ section clearer
    - Disabled all top FX knobs except 4th one along: changed this to Master volume

Still working on the following:

* assigning remaining top FX knobs - any ideas??
    * creating another bank of effects to go on the pads above Bread's selection on pads 1 to 3 for decks A & B
    * mapping 'load' buttons so the screen goes from browser to deck view
    * 'shift' + Load feature to play selected song automatically in sync with one playing from 1st cue point

Looking forward to getting this done so I can get down to playing music again! Programming on Traktor's nanoscopic mapping window is painful. Big respect to Bread for all his hard work.

Any comments welcome. Be easy, this is my first public mapping

Cheers
    Giff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DJGiff; 04-15-2012 at 04:43 AM. Reason: corrections

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJGiff View Post
    Here's my own humble offering after tweaking with Bread's mapping - please note that this is designed to be used with a Native Instruments X1 (or any other controller) which has more extensive control over effects than Twitch. I've not included the X1 mapping here, just the main file for Twitch. It works 'right out of the box' as it were, but as mentioned below, there's scope for more functionality. Any takers!?

Summary of changes made to Bread's mapping:

- Fader FX changed to flanger
    - Stopped 'shift' flashing and made 'play' button flash in sync on all four decks (green on decks A & B and red on C & D to help differentiate between decks)
    - 'Shift' buttons light up when pressed
    - Deleted non-programmed pads in FX mode (found the array of lights too flashy)
    - Added 'pan' feature to all four decks: press 'shift' and turn EQ high knob
    - Layout changes to make EQ section clearer
    - Disabled all top FX knobs except 4th one along: changed this to Master volume

Still working on the following:

* assigning remaining top FX knobs - any ideas??
    * creating another bank of effects to go on the pads above Bread's selection on pads 1 to 3 for decks A & B
    * mapping 'load' buttons so the screen goes from browser to deck view
    * 'shift' + Load feature to play selected song automatically in sync with one playing from 1st cue point

Looking forward to getting this done so I can get down to playing music again! Programming on Traktor's nanoscopic mapping window is painful. Big respect to Bread for all his hard work.

Any comments welcome. Be easy, this is my first public mapping

Cheers
    Giff
    Version 3 now includes the following changes (all annotated in comments section in mapping window):

- Shift + Load A/B: automatically plays selected song in sync with Master (i.e. deck playing) from 1st cue point
    - Changed Bread's FX2 preset to Delay+F92 LFO+Iceverb (didn't like LoFi, and turning up iceverb slowly gives a good sweep/buildup effect)
    - When loading tracks in browser mode, layout switches automatically back to decks view
    - Phase meter on by default
    - Filters on by default
    - Set default zoom (prefs > decks) of wave windows to -0.60 for better visualisation of track beats etc
    - Dimmed minute markers in wave spectrum improving visualisation of tracks
    - Changed 4 decks view to A/B full & C/D essential. I tend to look for tracks in the (much larger) browser window

That's about it so far. Working out of the box as with the 1st version above.

Enjoy!

Giff
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned

U guys rock

Ordered Twitch 2day... becoz of this movement

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by bascurtiz View Post
    Ordered Twitch 2day... becoz of this movement
    ALRIGHT! This is good to see bascuritz - you'll find it's a very different experience working with the touch strips instead of jogwheels: if you're not into scratching, it's a very innovative - and most importantly, intuitive - way to control your decks for nudging and needle dropping. They work great for spinbacks, but are definitely not for scratching.

You'll also be surprised how light and compact the Twitch controller is. This is a big plus for me cos it keeps down the weight of the custom flight case I made last month (which isn't light!)

The main drawbacks for me about the Twitch were - note the past tense here - the low volume output (solved with another soundcard or one of the small powered amps recommended by Novation) and its rubbish plastic knobs. If you want to replace these - see the thread on this forum about 'Novation Twitch and replacement knobs' or something like that - I can't stress enough how important it is to tease them off GENTLY... I've read that some folk used rubber gloves which helped cos the EQ knobs in particular are UBERfragile if pulled too hard. Follow the threads here and you'll learn about the issues with Twitch.

Having said all that, I'm very pleased indeed with Twitch's versatility, especially with the multi-function pads right at the front of the controller: many of its far more expensive competitors hide them away at the back of the control surface and this doesn't make sense for me. (Think I might post this bit elsewhere cos I know I'm going waaaaay off-topic here...)

Sometime soon I aim to map the touch strips in two ways: 1) quick search through the tracklist by pressing shift + scrubbing thru the right touch strip on deck B; and 2) quick search thru playlists with shift + scrubbing thru deck A. This works great on many jogwheel controllers to allow fast access to that elusive track whose name you can't quite remember I'm OK with losing Bread's shift + touchstrip effect for beatmashing cos there's a lot of scope in his mapping already for doing this with the pre-loaded FX buttons. Just my personal preference!

Respect to Bread for the mapping he's provided here: a gargantuan task. My modifications are mere personal tweaks.

Enjoy the Twitch when you get it!

Cheers

DJ Giff
    Last edited by DJGiff; 04-18-2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: corrections

Banned

Trying out your mapping giff..
    I like the 4 deck addon... So far so good.
    Thanks bread and giff

Can somebody tell me how to change the touch strip sensitivity please?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast