Downsizing traktor library & getting rid of nonDJ tracks, anyway to make this easier? - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    this track?
    Open the file not showing tags in trainspotter in another id3 tag editor, I bet there is nothing there.
    I use BeaTunes for updating BPM on any files lacking, and it identifies ID3 tags. I have not, however, attempted to use BeaTunes for modifying or updating ID3 information. BeaTunes also identifies the files in sub-playlists, whereas Trainspotter is only picking up the sub-playlists, but lacking the information.

BeaTunes, as I just opened it, also identified the " - delete" info I added to the file above. Currently looking for an additional ID3 tag reader to test with. I had gotten one before that was a Windows port to OS X, but it was for another project and I don't recall if it was or was not reading tag info.

edit: the other thing I don't like about the "&" character is, for example: Milk & Sugar is the name of an actual Duo. I would not want them misrepresented in my playlist as "Milk, Sugar"; as I typically export any playlist I generate in Traktor to a webpage, keeping it accurate allows me to quickly paste my info into a soundcloud comment field for proper credit after a mix.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    I use BeaTunes for updating BPM on any files lacking, and it identifies ID3 tags. I have not, however, attempted to use BeaTunes for modifying or updating ID3 information. BeaTunes also identifies the files in sub-playlists, whereas Trainspotter is only picking up the sub-playlists, but lacking the information.

BeaTunes, as I just opened it, also identified the " - delete" info I added to the file above. Currently looking for an additional ID3 tag reader to test with. I had gotten one before that was a Windows port to OS X, but it was for another project and I don't recall if it was or was not reading tag info.

edit: the other thing I don't like about the "&" character is, for example: Milk & Sugar is the name of an actual Duo. I would not want them misrepresented in my playlist as "Milk, Sugar"; as I typically export any playlist I generate in Traktor to a webpage, keeping it accurate allows me to quickly paste my info into a soundcloud comment field for proper credit after a mix.
    that is different, milk & sugar is milk & sugar on beatport. http://www.beatport.com/track/crazy-...al-mix/1261113

artists are only separated with commas for callabs, if it is the name of a duo it would be treated differently

makes sense.

I can't find any information that says iTuns is *not* updating ID3 information, rather the contrary (e.g. "Recommend ID3 editor? iTunes")

I will submit the question on the tspotter.net site to see if I can solicit a response.

edit: re-downloading and re-installing right now just to be sure.
    edit2: re-installed, same issue.
    Last edited by completej; 10-27-2011 at 04:18 PM.

makes sense.

I can't find any information that says iTuns is *not* updating ID3 information, rather the contrary (e.g. "Recommend ID3 editor? iTunes")

I will submit the question on the tspotter.net site to see if I can solicit a response.

edit: re-downloading and re-installing right now just to be sure.
    edit2: re-installed, same issue.
    it's definitely itunes...

btw, I just checked that track for you. No issues here, it must be one of your tags isn't spelled right or isn't formatted right. Comes up in the correct release that you said as 'gimme 5', comes up in a bunch of other releases as 'gimme five'

I had posted over at tspotter.net, though not that particular song. Image below is my view, but I notice you're still viewing from Traktor collection, whereas I'm viewing from the iTunes collection. I'm wondering if it has to do with that.

http://www.tspotter.net/support#/dis...tunes-playlist

sorry for image size:

I had posted over at tspotter.net, though not that particular song. Image below is my view, but I notice you're still viewing from Traktor collection, whereas I'm viewing from the iTunes collection. I'm wondering if it has to do with that.

http://www.tspotter.net/support#/dis...tunes-playlist

sorry for image size:
    [im]http://www.completej.com/img/Screen%20shot%202011-10-27%20at%204.31.30%20PM.png[/img]
    Yeah look how none of your tracks have anything in the artist or title field, that's because none of them probably have any tags written to the file so the search results aren't going to make any sense because it is searching from the tags in the file and there are none so it then probably tries to just search the actual file name which is why you are having poor results. it doesn't take data from within itunes- the itunes view is probably just organizational and it queries the file itself to search the databases.

if you can somehow write all your tags to file i'm sure you will have great results and fall in love with it like i did, and regardless of whether you use trainspotter i would want my tags written to file and not just be arbitrary in my itunes collection.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 10-27-2011 at 06:15 PM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can make Trainspotter search from the filename rather than the tags (if you are working on a batch with no tags).

That appears to be our point of misunderstanding. It seems that I believe the ID3 tag does actually exist in the mp3.

This screen is the first ID3 editor I came across on the net, on a file that was from Beatport, exists in both Traktor and iTunes collections, but will only display information to the Traktor library list.

If iTunes didn't store info on the MP3, how else would a new song display properly when I import it from a Beatport folder? That is, if iTunes couldn't / wouldn't store the tag information on the file, how would it be able to display a track it was previously unaware of prior to import? Would it simply identify a new added file, read the ID3 info from the MP3, then strip it from future use? That doesn't make sense.

Unless I have a grave misunderstanding of what is going on (which happens more often than I'd care to admit). D:

http://www.completej.com/img/id3editor.jpg

Last edited by completej; 10-27-2011 at 06:40 PM.

hmm I'm not sure then

I have another one - refresh selected tag information - which is good if I do a BPM update using BeaTunes (also a good program), but I don't recall where I got it from.
    Anyway you can send me this script?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast