Just released to the public KONTROL S2 - Page 7
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tom. V View Post
    NI should bring out a 2 channel midi mixer to work in a Timecode vinyl setup. Keep the feel analog but bring everything to the computer.

Like the DJM-T1 but not so silly-pioneer-overpriced
    Or like a TTM-57SL?
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    half the decks half the price right?
    yeah should be hey. not far off from the denon mc6000.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    Or like a TTM-57SL?
    Something like it. But I believe the DJM-T1 does a much better job at replacing 2 X1-Mixer than the TTM-57SL.

I want to see a midi-mixer with 2 X1's built right into it. Or perhaps just 1 X1 with 2 line and one crossfader would do it for me. Or an S2 without jogwheels

I want to see a midi-mixer with 2 X1's built right into it. Or perhaps just 1 X1 with 2 line and one crossfader would do it for me.
    Thats what I thought they'd be making, not a cut down S4. I still think that it's a fake - the banner on the "official" site http://www.kontrols2.nl/native-instr...ontrol-s2.html shows an S4.

However http://www.tonecontrol.nl/nl/product...or-kontrol-s2/ seems to be taking orders..... time will tell on this one.
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Oddly enough, I've heard from a number of Porsche owners/enthusiasts that the Cayman is better driving experience over the 911. Sure it doesn't have as much juice under the hood and overall performance but they said since it doesn't have as many bells and whistles they were able to drive the car instead of driving them.

Of course I've never had the chance to jump in Cayman so I couldn't say first hand, only what I've been heard and talked about.
    That's what I mean. The cayman could have been a great car, possibly better than the 911, but it's business plans that win the day and they wanted something to fit into the middle of the range. Every stat about the cayman is right in the middle between the boxster and the 911.

This S2 reminds me of that, they could have made a really great and innovative 2 channel controller but it would probably have ended up costing as much as an S4 and no one would have bought it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

No intrest in S2, let's see how the X2 pans out
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Quote Originally Posted by willinfluence View Post
    No intrest in S2, let's see how the X2 pans out
    +1

Tech Mentor

Way too expensive for what it is. I bought my S4 for £500

NI should bring out a 2 channel midi mixer to work in a Timecode vinyl setup. Keep the feel analog but bring everything to the computer.

Like the DJM-T1 but not so silly-pioneer-overpriced
    +1

For like £700 with tsp 2 included (not duo) I would buy that. Only thing tempting about the s4 is the included tsp.

S2 looks alright but no filter knobs is fail
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

oh my god, i wuz right...

although one thing i missed is DVS support, as this S2 obviously doesn't have one

to other naysayers, Do you remember NI audio 8, year after Audio 4? half the power, but not really half the price... just roughly little bit more.

this is exactly same story. Bring four decks to just two, make smaller controller and ditch couple of luxury functions (hardware mixer, DVS support, smaller fx section or something).. you get same quality build... it's the same like with soundcards before... Audio 4 didn't bring anything new, it's main selling point was that it's same QUALITY like it's predecessor, but just smaller and more handy to people that really do not need extra decks. This is totally same story.. it's same company, same strategy/.... and good one imho! i'd recommend this to many new DJs who are fine with 2 decks for years to come or even experienced DJ who likes to do stuff in terms: "keep it simple, stupid!"
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast