Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...) - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Sounds like something I might be interesting in acquiring... need to get some hands on time.
    ---------------------------
    Greybeard Turntablist
    Z2 / 1200's / X1 MK2 / F1 / Maschine MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    The RMX is a great unit. I've had plenty of experience with many effect units...and from Pioneer the EFX500/1000 series. The RMX is a completely different beast IMHO. To be real, I am not really big on effects. I am one of those "use sparingly", kind of like salt or hot sauce. Too much and you ruin the balance. To be honest, I really did not need the RMX's...considering how much the X1 (with my current mapping) does for me already. Overkill isn't a word I use when feeling the need to purchase new equipment! I actually still use the X1 in my sets very much so. The RMX is a beast of a machine, and alot of what is done cannot be replicated on a midi unit with my current setup. I love the isolators, the ability to use software/SD to modify and tweak the sound, as well as the overall layout of the unit. The hardest part of setting everything up was the wiring and the stands. Other than that, the units were pretty much plug and play. Again, I've had a ton of setups, ATM (and probably forever) I couldn't be happier with this setup.
    Nice addition, but i was wondering you stated that you like the isolators on the RMX have you ever considered getting an analog isolator? Let me tell you, i have a rather cheap vestax one that i use with my xone92 and the combination of the xone filters with the isolators are just amazing! One of my next acquisition its going to be the bozure table isolator i just felt in love with the sound manipulation you can get with them! Will really love to see one in your setup! Again you sir have impeccable taste, when possible i would really like to listen to a dj set by you!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

By the way are those UREI faceplates i see in the background??
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrAybar View Post
    By the way are those UREI faceplates i see in the background??
    Yes Sir. One is a Urei. One is a Bozak.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrAybar View Post
    Nice addition, but i was wondering you stated that you like the isolators on the RMX have you ever considered getting an analog isolator? Let me tell you, i have a rather cheap vestax one that i use with my xone92 and the combination of the xone filters with the isolators are just amazing! One of my next acquisition its going to be the bozure table isolator i just felt in love with the sound manipulation you can get with them! Will really love to see one in your setup! Again you sir have impeccable taste, when possible i would really like to listen to a dj set by you!
    I've had analog isolators in the past. The Xone92 filters do a wonderful job as it is. More toys=more noise. (Beautiful noise, haha) I was looking at picking up a unit like the Bozure, but figured it was best to pick up the RMX. I have to say, the isolators are absolutely great on the rmx. They do the job right. I appreciate the love Aybar. My next step is to video record some sets on post up online. I am at the moment only posting through google drive to some old school house heads/djs. They are liking what I'm posting so, I figure next step is to use a service like mixcloud to broaden my audience. I am a house head for sure.

Perfect, please feel free to let me know when/where i can hear some of your sets! Am a house head too! My respects!

Tech Convert

Nice setup man! Thinking about snagging some rotaries myself. Have you ever found yourself wishing you had regular faders?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    Yes Sir. One is a Urei. One is a Bozak.
    I just noticed these. It's a nice touch.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by YVSNV View Post
    Nice setup man! Thinking about snagging some rotaries myself. Have you ever found yourself wishing you had regular faders?
    I've had my run of line faders over the years. I still do, but much prefer the feel, touch and sensitivity of the rotary dials. If you have never played with one there may be a learning curve, however so small.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I just noticed these. It's a nice touch.

Thank you. Yeah, I have no room for the mixers themselves, had extra faceplates, and figured they would look nice on the setup. Even though the art I have them posted on is a rare/unique piece.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast