Ableton user looking for a new controller: Push or Maschine? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

This was SO helpful, thank you so much!

I'm definitely getting a Maschine now, after all of the time, and with your help, I think I'll be able to do everything I need!

Further question - just through me being lazy, as I'm sure there are hundreds of videos with the answer, but is it possible to work on a track in Maschine, then import it all to Ableton AS MIDI? Only because my current Ableton workflow involves me making basic patterns, arranging them, then going back into the clips in the arrangement to add/remove kicks etc!

Thanks for all the help everyone, made my decision now, and look forward to getting the Maschine asap!
    "We think too much and feel too little"
    K B R I D G E

Quote Originally Posted by kbridge View Post
    This was SO helpful, thank you so much!

I'm definitely getting a Maschine now, after all of the time, and with your help, I think I'll be able to do everything I need!

Further question - just through me being lazy, as I'm sure there are hundreds of videos with the answer, but is it possible to work on a track in Maschine, then import it all to Ableton AS MIDI? Only because my current Ableton workflow involves me making basic patterns, arranging them, then going back into the clips in the arrangement to add/remove kicks etc!

Thanks for all the help everyone, made my decision now, and look forward to getting the Maschine asap!
    Yes - watch the video above, you can drag and drop MIDI to, from, and between Maschine and Ableton.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Yes - watch the video above, you can drag and drop MIDI to, from, and between Maschine and Ableton.
    Oh yesss apologies, half asleep!
    K B R I D G E

Wait for the APC40MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Bostad View Post
    Wait for the APC40MKII
    This is definitely not the answer - I'd like the APC40MK2 if I could find a good way to perform live with it, but I'm in no way even thinking about moving away from CDJs at the moment - that being said, I've seen some cool techno DJs use an APC 40 to perform, and they're wicked - plus the MK2 does look the part!
    K B R I D G E

Tech Wizard

I would go with the Push; its much more suited for Ableton. With the push you can still do the drumming/sequencing you can with the Maschine, so programming your drums/percussion wouldn't be a problem. Overall the Push is more versatile in terms of physical control.

I use a launchpad, but I would definitely upgrade to the Push if I had the money

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456