Itch - "Elastic" beat grids on the way. - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by B Linus View Post
    The idea is to look at the alignment of the waveforms while listening in with the headphones.

Ears + Eyes > Ears

At least that's how it is for me.
    Horses for courses I guess. I still don't get why it's a huge advantage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I understand. My guess is that it's got a lot to do with how I learned, and what I learned on. Both SSL and ITCH have adjacent waveforms, and I've been visually keeping the tracks in check alongside with what I'm hearing since I began DJ'ing.

I know we can both agree that the ends are more important than the means. The tracks I play, the people I play them to, and the experience I provide for the listeners is the reason I DJ, and my goal is to express this by whatever means I work with best.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Tech Guru

I still don't get why it's a huge advantage though.
    ok so you don't get it.

Others do.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

I dont agree that Itch has the advantage on that point. If you really need visual feedback, Traktor's phase meter is actually far more precise and helpful than stacked waveforms. It's not as obvious maybe but I think it works far better once you get the hang of it. And it's nice to be able to turn it off when you want to beatmatch by ear, something serato can't do.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

you can turn off waveforms in 2.0 and have no visual feedback
    www.elliotgrainger.com

vci 300 mk2
    13in mbp

probably a big difference if you are using jogs to scratch or just drop various samples from a track in a few times etc. ofc you could also set a cue for that.

i'm not really sure i see a big advantage with the coloured waveform thing but i do like it. just helps to segment the waveform up nicely etc.

and there's been times when i've been playing (long time ago on turntables only) and had real problems hearing thru my headphones because the track didnt have a clean hihat etc - i'd loved to have been able to fallback to looking at a waveform for those times...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456