Akai APC40 and TPro (MISA basic setup) - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tech Student

nice i chek this

Tech Mentor

thank you sooooo much, i will build off this to suit APC40 only controll (for now) and will learn from your work. thanks again!

this controller has gotten extremely popular, even I have one for TP2 =p
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

thats what im using it for! Awesome!

Default I was wondering if I could get some help

hey guys, so i just dove into the world of mapping for traktor as I just got the APC40 and i am having a little trouble. I already have 4 decks with play and loop and pitchbend and a volume fader for each deck. i also got the xfader to work between chanels. i feel like an idiot because i can't find the command for activating the headphone cue on each deck. i need to figure out how i can moniter different than the house mix and i'm hoping you all could show me some midi mapping forum love. haha.
    -shaggy dupes

Tech Student

Great Job Misa..

Do you happen to have a JPG or PDF image of all the mapped buttons and knobs?

It will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Tech Wizard

maybe Im doing something wrong but I put my apc40 into "dumb mode" by opening ableton and making sure the apc40 is working in there, then closing out of it and opening traktor.

when I do this I lose LED rings around the "device control" section and the 9 banks of encoders I also lose access to... any help?

Tech Guru

@Shaggy Dupes have you checked out the Traktor Command Finder on TraktorBible.com?

http://traktorbible.com/en/t2_commandfinder.aspx

Just mouse over the different GUI elements and it will show you all the corresponding mapping commands. It doesn't explain them in detail (That's what the book is for) but it will give you a rough idea of what it is and how you could use it. Hope this helps and if you really want to get into detail on MIDI mapping in Traktor I would buy the Bible it is THE resource when it comes to Traktor and Mapping.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Done a bit of research. Now for the basic noob question that goes far and solves all my problems when answered:

If you use the regular mode (not dumb mode) can you map the "Track Selection" buttons?

What exactly does selecting them change? I used the "learn" button to check other threads I've read. Each row has the same notes/cc, but each column resides on a different channel. Would they change if I selected a different Track Selection?

What does "bank" actually mean? Does it mean that like in Ableton selecting a Track Selection button makes all the midi notes/cc's of all other buttons in columns 1-8 different than if another Track Selection button were pressed (like in Ableton)?
    Ppl have used the term bank for different things in probably incorrect/colloquial ways..I want to know the real truth.

FRUSTRATION!!!!!!
    Gahh, I don't even know how to explain this without being confusing. It's a simple small fact which solves everything, but I haven't been able to figure it out because I haven't found one post to be completely clear with all terminology described and comprehensive...frustration is beinding me. I spent all of yesterday doing a Mixtrack mapping.

P.S. What exactly is dumb mode. Does it mean that all hardware midi maps are wiped clean? Resulting in a fully unmapped device?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast