digitalVinyl's DJ Table Build Thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    Nice uhh M3?!
    Yeah.... I am pretty sure it's sitting on HRE's too. DigitalVinyl, you have impeccable taste sir! Great build
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalus View Post

Last edited by tekki; 07-11-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

E46 m3!!

Tech Wizard

Hahaha okay okay, I can't help but talk about my car DJ table break!

Good eye on the HRE's! They are indeed HRE C20's...probably the lightest rims I"ve ever held, I think they weigh 18 or 19lbs...crazy light for 19x9/10.5. The car is 2001, wow..so old! but only around 40,000 miles on her. I put on a new lip vs the one in the picture below, as well as a CSL carbon fibre trunk; I painted the trunk and left only a little strip of CF...not so showy as all CF which looks a bit too flashy for me. She also has a stage 1 supercharger at around 5psi, plenty of go-fast while listening to my mixes :P

Anyways here is a better picture of her from a while back:

Beautiful car. I hope its manual, not SMG?

Tech Wizard

6 speed manual, correct

I told myself a few years ago that my next car will be an E46 M3, doing my best to make that happen!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    I told myself a few years ago that my next car will be an E46 M3, doing my best to make that happen!
    It really is a great car

Tech Wizard

Default Plastic Cutting

Okay enough car talk, this is a DJTT forum after all!

Okay so like I said earlier, I didn't like the black control panel cover and decided I would make one out of white acrylic. This project has costed significantly more than I had initially budgeted and to my surprise the guys at the plastic shop cut this piece for me and charged me nothing at all for it...certainly a nice surprise. I got to work cutting out the slider holes, as well as for the switch which turns all the lights on full blast (no sound input mode), and the switch that will turn the power to the controller on and off.

Very small cutting. I may remake this panel since I'm not super happy with the accuracy of the cuts. I needed extremely small tools for this and could do a better job a second time around:

It was a plastic cutting sort of day and I moved on to drilling the holes to mount the acrylic to the base. I did a bunch of reading online about how to drill through acrylic; I was terrified to say the least. It took at least a few weeks to have this piece fabricated and the thought of it cracking stressed me out. I just stepped up to the correct size and took my time, allowing the bits to cool through the course of drilling. The sounds this thing was making sounded like....I dunno, like those flying creatures in Lord of the Rings? It was brutal, and made me believe while cutting that it was going to snap at any moment. Anyways, both myself and the acrylic made it out alive and the 5 holes for mounting the laptop stand to the base were completed:

Tech Wizard

It was driving me crazy having to move towels under the cabinet whenever I moved it around so the logical idea would be to mount the legs to the bottom of the cabinet. I picked 3 sets of these legs up from IKEA, I only used the 3rd set to create a continuous lip across the front of the unit (I think it would look odd without). I'm 90% sure I'll be changing these legs out after my party but they will do for now. They are a bit too tall at 6" (I'm not a tall guy) and they don't totally suit the look of the unit. I was thinking something a bit heavier looking.

Legs mounted:

Oh the legs and plywood in the background are for the beer pong table I ended up building so don't mind any of that mess back there.

Remember how I was talking about all the tedious work? Well these panels had to be some of the worst offenders! Once they were all blinged out and had the mounting brackets, I installed LED mounting brackets on each one. Here is the set of them looking like a solar array or something. My garage ends up looking like a NASA experiment gone wrong shortly...

After mounting all the backing boards with a friend's help, we ran the lighting through each one which was a bit of a trial and error approach until we finally got the hang of how much to run through, where the slack goes, etc.

My version of sputnik

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast