Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Oh, yes! Thanks for that! Damn can't wait for 2.6 now.....

http://djworx.com/bpm-2012-ni-kontrol-z2-demo/

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Oh, yes! Thanks for that! Damn can't wait for 2.6 now.....

http://djworx.com/bpm-2012-ni-kontrol-z2-demo/

scamo
    After reading through the built in macro fx... i'm really excited. lots of very expressive stuff for mixing in and out and build ups. Also... post fader FX pretty much makes this the most awesome update EVER.

Yep. And the new version will make FX Jogs epic too.

scamo

Why cannot see video in italy now i cry

I rarely use the filter knobs on my S4. Wouldn't that potentially be a perfect knob to map to the macro effects? The macro effects change parameters differently depending on whether you turn the knob left or right of center, so they might work better than a jogwheel since you will know when you are in the middle.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

One of the ways that I see how macros can be mapped to jogwheel is to make macros knob start from center at moment the platter is touched and further turning left-right can modulate effects regard to both sides of macro knob. This is only a thought since I haven't used it jet but in theory it should work using one more modifier trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    One of the ways that I see how macros can be mapped to jogwheel is to make macros knob start from center at moment the platter is touched and further turning left-right can modulate effects regard to both sides of macro knob. This is only a thought since I haven't used it jet but in theory it should work using one more modifier trick.
    That sounds cool, too. What I'm wondering is if you can map the Macro effect to something like the filter knob, and STILL be able to use the jogwheel effects in the manner we have been using it with Scamo's mappings.

Good question. My stomach says not really. I think I read somewhere that the macros can take up to 4 effects, so that would mean a minimum of two units would be needed. I would imagine you either can use FX macros or FX units and not both at the same time. So, I think FX Macros will be like a third mode for the effects units. So you either have two effects units (group or single), or one FX Macro unit. It's just a huge guess on my part and I guess we will see soon enough.

scamo

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I think it's a good guess that macro will be another FX unit mode and in that case it shouldn't be much of a problem to map selector with twist of a knob or any other type of controller to turn unit in macro mode but this automatically means that any of scamo's effect modes which requires two FX units can't be used in very same time with macro effects engaged.

@j-baird:

As long as those macro effects don't require two MIDI CC massages for left and right side from knob's center this should be walk in a park and if macros do need super knob you can map two modifiers to do the same job.

Gee, why didn't you show me that video before? That could be a cool FX mode for the jog wheels too. Did you do that video? Do you know what effects are being used exactly?

scamo

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast