Is it possible to use Bomes to 'thin' midi data on the fly? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Oh heres some other strange stuff, i tried mapping the VCI-300 jog wheels to spam the VCI-100 with midi using moonies mapping- the VCI-100 never dropped out

Also when i used moonies midi mapping on the end of my gigantic mapping i couldnt get the VCI-100 to crash :\ Only when i delete all the midi mappings then use moonies mapping will it crash the VCI-100.

Talk about weird :/
    Last edited by BentoSan; 08-25-2009 at 06:59 AM.

hey guys I dont have this problem but I read over this thread a bit. Wanted to be sure that you guys are installing the intel chipset inf drivers on your fresh installs of xp. I can see that being a problem because alot of people forget to install their chipset drivers and the stock usb drivers are very buggy in my experience.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support...port_downloads

click chipsets on the lower left box - then chipset software - then "chipset installation utility"if you know what chipset you have or get the identification utility to find your chipset then get install utility

or hit up your pc brand website (i would go to intel)

and if your not on a intel mb hit up nvidia/amd

hope this helps
    Last edited by kaleaf; 08-25-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Kaleaf,

Nice advice, but not everyone is running an intel chipset motherboard.

The laptops and PC's I've tested (and crashed) the VCI-100 on, are both intel and AMD boards, all with the latest drivers installed.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Bento,

If the supposition that its only crashing when sending AND receiving data, the VCI-300 jog spam wouldn't crash it.

However, your second point.. I HAVE managed to crash the VCI using a standard mapping with just some mods to make the LEDs flash. Thats how I finally came to strip it down to the tiny 'crash tsi' I posted.

And its not just mapping the jogs to flash the LEDs that crashes it. It works on the sliders as well. Not sure about the rotaries, but I suspect so. Anything to send a rapid stream of midi data back to the VCI.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Oh, and finally, I should point out that although the VCI appears to be the thing that crashes (stops responding), its actually traktor thats stopped responding. This has been tested by routing midi in and out via midi-ox. When the VCI appears to freeze, it hasn't.. its still sending midi, its just traktor that doesnt want to play.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

That's something I tested when I was having similar issues. the VCI doesn't lock up, Traktor does and stops sending the Out messages, thereby making it look like it locked up. but the jog wheels will still turn red when you touch them.

Moonie, I'm going to give that TSI you put together a shot to see if it crashes traktor for me.

Edit: I just went looking through this thread and the other one up here. Can you link me where you put the files so I don't have to go digging through every thread that's been linked?

Thanks
    Last edited by DvlsAdvct; 08-25-2009 at 09:47 PM.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

The crash tsi is TINY:-

www.djmoonie.co.uk/traktor/crash.jpg
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Oooh, okay, I did find that, thought it was something else.

I'll run it out tonight and see what happens.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Bento,

If the supposition that its only crashing when sending AND receiving data, the VCI-300 jog spam wouldn't crash it.

However, your second point.. I HAVE managed to crash the VCI using a standard mapping with just some mods to make the LEDs flash. Thats how I finally came to strip it down to the tiny 'crash tsi' I posted.

And its not just mapping the jogs to flash the LEDs that crashes it. It works on the sliders as well. Not sure about the rotaries, but I suspect so. Anything to send a rapid stream of midi data back to the VCI.
    1) I know that, thats what i was testing - i said that 2 posts ago

2) I dont have any idea what that has to do with my second point

3) Yes but the jog wheels are good because they spam alot of data

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Oh, and finally, I should point out that although the VCI appears to be the thing that crashes (stops responding), its actually traktor thats stopped responding. This has been tested by routing midi in and out via midi-ox. When the VCI appears to freeze, it hasn't.. its still sending midi, its just traktor that doesnt want to play.
    I thought you said earlier that you wernt having this problem with midi-ox ?

That would mean its not a problem with the VCI-100 what so ever

I've never said that the VCI itself locks up. I still believe its a thread issue to do with traktor and how midi messages are handled, but that *SOMETHING* in the vci causes this to happen, where it doesn't with other midi controllers.

Its also the reason I made the post about the logitech camera's. My point was that its a combination of things, including the VCI that causes this, but the VCI itself does not lock up, but it DOES cause traktor to lock up where other controllers do not.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast