Will M.D's Setup. - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I have been really thinking of getting a ddm4000. I have an innofader to put in it already. I am mainly a scratch dj and Ive heard good and bad things about the mixer. I think it would suit me perfectly, both financially and creatively. What are your thoughts on it? I use Serato by the way. Does it map well for midi use? How are the effects? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Danek View Post
    Man, I wish I had everything you had.
    It's Only taken me 9 long Years to get all of the stuff I have now... Patience young one, it will come

Quote Originally Posted by momo217 View Post
    I have been really thinking of getting a ddm4000. I have an innofader to put in it already. I am mainly a scratch dj and Ive heard good and bad things about the mixer. I think it would suit me perfectly, both financially and creatively. What are your thoughts on it? I use Serato by the way. Does it map well for midi use? How are the effects? Thanks in advance.
    I'd say its worth the money, but if your used to using high quality mixers you'll really notice why it is the price that it is and why people don't like it & why people do like it.
    I love the ddm4000 for all that it can do, the midi capabilities i've used with Torq have been seamless, i'm not so sure how you would program it for Serato but in Torq it was easy as right click & turn the knob, click the button & it worked. The only thing with the midi control is (as far as I remember) is that you have to use 2 channels at a time in midi mode (someone please correct me if i'm wrong, its been a good year or 2 since I played with the midi on the DDM4000!)

Once I had got my Monitors that's when I really noticed the difference in why people are hating on it, the eqs seem very harsh and kind of staggered along with the up faders, not smooth like a Pioneer... Saying that tho, it's been a lot of fun, i'd never noticed it until my ears had fully woken up to the sounds of the monitors (i'm also a sound engineer so high fidelity ears ). I will keep using mine until it dies or I can afford to get something that offers anywhere near as much as it does.

I don't tend to use a lot of efx but they seem to work and they're definitely a bit of fun. You can side chain them aswell!

If your wanting efx, midi, 4 channels & have an innofader to go init for the money you can't go wrong, its a bit dated now, but there still isn't another mixer that comes in with nearly half of what the DDM4000 does for that price or even double the price!

Happy mixing...

Peace
    Last edited by Will M.D; 07-05-2013 at 04:41 AM.
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Tech Mentor

Does the DDM4000 have manual filters? Like the DJM 800 etc.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Dohjo View Post
    DJM600-style, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the cheapest mixer with a manual filter is the NOX606, but even that's a bit confusing... pretty sure it's A&H-style, with the two separate assignable filter knobs for A/B. The RMX-80 is a good non-Pioneer option for a mixer with a dedicated HPF/LPF filter on all 4 channels.

EDIT: Apparently the DDM4K is similar to the NOX606 in that it has assignable filters, although I'm not sure how manual they are as they use an encoder for the parameters like the DJMs; the knob seems to be for wet/dry but that might self-reassign when using the filter mode. I'll let Will answer that one for you
    Last edited by mdcdesign; 07-07-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Mentor

Ok thanks! Could be cool to get it solved. Also looked into the RMX-80 for a new mixer. Have the RMX-40 now.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

Ok thanks! Could be cool to get it solved. Also looked into the RMX-80 for a new mixer. Have the RMX-40 now.
    Ditto, RMX-40 USB (the one with the silver knobs). I was debating whether to refurbish the RMX with uprated (damped) faders and pots, or buy the RMX-80, but now that the Z1's out I'll probably go for that instead.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Sorry for the late reply.. back in the Uk now, still caravanning ! (cough pikey scum)

so.. as far as I can remember (its been a couple months now since using the DDM4k) you can assign a high,mid or low pass filter on both the efx channels & then the knobs act as wet dry, however... it works differently for either high or low pass ie sweep left to right for one and then sweep right to left for the other... does get a bit of a brain ache/nightmare if you forget which ones what tho!

Hope that helps!

Ooo... also found a pic of the 'away on holiday' setup !

DSCF0692.jpg

Peace
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,

It has been a while... I have been travelling around and not really had anywhere to settle and put all of my DJ gear! It has somehow worked it's way into various DJ friends houses and my lockup!
    Hopefully moving somewhere soon as I have been crashing at a friends and doing a bit of couch surfing (I can't recommend it highly enough)... Here's the current rendition of a "DJ" setup... It's been to Australia, Portugal, Spain, Amsterdam and back to the UK!

Got to love my now 6 years old Xponent... It just carries on going year after year and handling as much abuse as I can throw at it. There are only a few buttons that are a bit funny now ( 1st cue buttons and the mouse pad) but overall I am very happy with it.

A live photo from an NSB cover show I played recently... (got to love the o'l Dell workhorse streaming machine!)

DSC_0085.jpg

And another shot of a show from a couple of weeks ago... (Damn Right in the mix w/ NI F1)
    DSC_0083.jpg

Looking forward to having my own space to set up my gear, missing the Technics and S4 (in the lockup) and looking forward to obtaining more gear again

Peace
    Last edited by Will M.D; 10-22-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Finally back to the setup that I loved... Not used for nearly 3 years now... the Technics, Xponent, Conectiv and Dell with Torq ! It still works... vinyl control and internal control from an 8 yr old Dell Inspiron E1705...

Loving Traktor and the S4 just a shame I don't have Traktor Scratch Pro for that external control fun...

How it was in the lounge... sorry for crappy picture quality

How it is now in the spare room...

DJ Setup is in Sig... Axiom 61 Keyboard and Ibanez agb200 bass.

Pc is ThermalTake Armor w/ 2.4ghz Q6600 oc to 3.1ghz w/ Corsair Watercooler, 4gb Ocz Ram, Nvidia GTX 570 1gb, 500gb Hdd, win7
    pretty old now, just need to put an ssd hdd and it'll be epic again

Amazing how long some technology lasts even when it's been abused/used for a long time. I bought the pc in 2008! I've had to replace the Ram and PSU... (upgraded the cooling to a watercooler and the graphics card) Also love having 2 screens, it's so useful.

But better still is how long the Dell labtop has lasted! I bought that in 2007. It's running a stripped down version of XP. I have always used a cooling pad with it. I have a thermaltake one. It's definitely helped keep things cool and last longer. Enjoy

Peace
    Last edited by Will M.D; 04-15-2015 at 05:02 PM.

ey Will! good to see ya on here!

NSB Radio crew represent!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast