New Traktor? New NI Controller? - Page 59
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Chalk me down as a "software: gimme, controller: cool, but don't need it" guy.

EDIT: Live Recording... a feature I will never, ever use.
    Last edited by kiss-o-matic; 08-16-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Pretty nice controller design and integration.

I hate integration (all-in-one designs) though. This will be pretty popular, however, a forthcoming T-Pro update will be even more popular--for me at least.

we need custom faders and knobs :P, defs gunna get one of these

Tech Guru

i guess it's cool... but honestly it's nothing we haven't seen before so i'm not that blown away.

the addition of sampling in the software is a welcome update. i'm eager to see the evolution of the traktor software more than developments in controller technology, it almost feels like midi controllers have hit a plateau for development and we're just seeing the same ideas repackaged with different labels by competing companies.

Tech Wizard

Default Im in

I love it! Am I the only one that wants to see Eans vids of him tearing this up?

Tech Wizard

Can anyone answer my question regarding whether or not TSP and the S4 software will work from the same settings folders? I'm curious how those of us that use the original audio 8 dj with timecode for some gigs and then want to use the controller for other gigs will work? Will they be separate entities on a software level and will there be issues having both installed??

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dubgiant View Post
    Not that one. This one
    The matrix seems even better!Matrix pack

Tech Guru

ok, hype blew over. now i can live with not getting one

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i guess it's cool... but honestly it's nothing we haven't seen before so i'm not that blown away.

the addition of sampling in the software is a welcome update. i'm eager to see the evolution of the traktor software more than developments in controller technology, it almost feels like midi controllers have hit a plateau for development and we're just seeing the same ideas repackaged with different labels by competing companies.
    I may not have been following the hardware/controller scene much, but I've been finding myself asking for a good 4 deck mixer for traktor, and have not really been that excited by what I could find (looking around a couple of months ago)

the S4 comes with a built in sound card, Midi/HID, TIMECODE support!!! and 4 dedicated channels for 4 decks or 2 decks + 2 sampler decks.

This feels like the benchmark to me, not just a competing product.

I do understand where some people are coming from where this does not meet their requirements and where they were hoping for more changes to the software, but luckily I'm in the "pleased" category, as this announcement ticks all of the boxes that were previously empty. Happy days

I was able to mess around with the s4 at the dj expo. It's a pretty cool unit. Can't wait.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |