S4 - What to carry it in - Page 53
Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Sheeeeeeet, that looks really good.
    I'm not so happy with my suitcase solution anymore as it's pretty big to be taking on the bus and wotnot.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

+1 for that Gator case...

looks like the one for me (plus it seems readily available in the States)...

This looks good for travelling light. Depends how much stuff you wanna carry around. The more stuff you have the bigger the bag needs to be!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    This looks good for travelling light. Depends how much stuff you wanna carry around. The more stuff you have the bigger the bag needs to be!!
    Thanks for stating the obvious
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

I know sorry man. Will teach me to post whilst distracted at work!!

Great find this bag though. The pics don't really give you an idea of how much more you can fit in with the s4. I'm gonna order one tonight so hopefully in a couple of days I can come back and let you know.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Nice one man, fill it to the brim and hook us up with some pictures
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    honestly it's not so much about dropping the cash. I really just enjoy going places with a backpack of fun. Especially going somewhere and plugging into a house mixer, a case is one more thing I have to worry about space.
    AMEN! Tis my favourite thing to do... I love showing up at my friend's apartment randomly and running my midi controller while I let my friends mash buttons on the midi fighter

EDIT: looking for a bag solution as well... how well protected would you say your controller is in that bag? Anyone have a comparison of it to the S4 bag in the DJTT store?
    Last edited by MoonUn1t; 07-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    MacBook Pro - Traktor Pro 2 - TKS4 - Midi Fighter

http://soundcloud.com/moonunit

Tech Convert

that Gator bag looks really nice, I just bought an S4 and need a nice bag for it.
    I really liked the dj techtools bag but it's been out of stock for a long time, anyone knows if there are going to be more coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Leodido View Post
    that Gator bag looks really nice, I just bought an S4 and need a nice bag for it.
    I really liked the dj techtools bag but it's been out of stock for a long time, anyone knows if there are going to be more coming?

Got told on Facebook by DJTT poster that there could be a batch at the end of this month

Does anybody know of a small sized bag for the S4 which has a sliding strap for a trolley?

I am a DJ who likes to travel very light (i.e., with only carry ons). I hate checking in given that I need to wait for my bags to arrive...which kills roughly 30-45 mins I could spend getting to my gig earlier to setup and gauge the crowd's vibe

So far the only in stock bag that I've seen for the S4 w/ the slider strap is the Magma Digi Control XL backpack. Also it seems as if its now sold out predecessor, the Magma Digi Control XL bag has this option. However the only issue with the backpack is that its height is 51cm, which is clearly longer than the handle length found on normal carry on sized trolley bags...

http://www.midweststereo.com/MGA4794...tm?click=11398

http://www.magma-bags.de/produkte/di...ag-xl-2-e.php3

Does anyone know of viable alternative options?

I think the killer combo would be a messenger type style of bag (very light and versatile in carrying style) which has this slider strap attached to the back

Any suggestion is welcome!