TP 2.8.0 is available in ServiceCenter - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gregwaah View Post
    I'm having issues with the preparation list, isn't anyone else? If you remove tracks from the prep list, the little diamond icon that appears in your track collection will still be shown next to the track. I quite like this feature and has made me doubt this update. I'm on Win7 using the 64 bit version.
    Win 8.1 64 bit here...I've not experienced this.

Here is my experience after about 4 hours with the new update:

- I use Win 7 Pro x64 on a 128gb SSD with 8GB RAM, 2ghz Quadcore
    - I performed my normal pre-performance optimisations; Disable battery, disable network devices, suspend acpi.sys threads after gear is plugged in.
    - Gear used in testing: Audio 6 (own usb port), 2 x1's + MF Spectra on usb3 unpowered hub, My Denon mixer (Mixing extenally, also i did reinstall all the drivers)
    - I did not use the multicore option.
    - I did try the multiple thread analysis on an album, and yeah while this is way faster, the load spikes up quite a lot so definitely don't do this while performing guys.
    - Process hacker showed traktor using around 3-4 GB RAM most of the time
    - Tracks definitely loaded faster, despite being stored on my HDD, and the cache buffer was fine (no blurry sections on the waveform after skipping through the track)

First 2 hours or so: I put the update through its paces, mixing tracks whilst spamming effects on the spectra, and dropping samples in a remix deck. I also set up some cue points, changed a few options in the preferences, that sort of thing.

Second 2 hours or so: Did a run through of my show for this weekend, whilst recording and dropping station bumpers where i would usually put them.

So the whole afternoon, no matter what i threw at it, the update performed great, the load meter (i usually ignore unless it goes into the red) stayed stable at about 1/3, even while spamming effects.
    Last edited by Jester; 05-05-2015 at 01:31 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Great news Jester!
    I wish NI would have done this 2+ years ago

Lets get some other reports guys.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Anyone else get the same issue as me? I've tried updating to 2.8.0 (Traktor Scratch Pro) three times on my 15" 2010 macbook pro running OS X 10.10.3. Always trying to update through Service Center but when it gets to point after installing where it asks me to restart my computer, it never manages to complete the update. After I restart my computer, the update shows up again in Service Center and my Traktor version is unchanged. Debating just to start from scratch actually, but I probably won't have time to do so before a gig this Friday.

Try downloading it to your desktop and manually doing the install instead of through the service center.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Convert

Maybe I wasn't too clear with explaining the issue I'm having. The preparation list works fine if you delete tracks one-by-one from the list but if you right-click the preparation list and select "Clear Playlist", the diamonds are still present in your track collection. Also, when you drag and drop tracks into the preparation list, they don't then show up with a diamond but right-click a track and select "Append to Preparation List" will function correctly. There are others on the NI forum with this issue.
    You can find my mixcloud at: http://www.mixcloud.com/FlashPee and my soundcloud at: http://soundcloud.com/auxiliaryoutput

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Try downloading it to your desktop and manually doing the install instead of through the service center.
    Cheers, this didn't fix my problem directly, but it did tell me what was up with my installation . A while ago I backed up and renamed my Traktor application folder because I was fiddling around a bit, but I never changed the name back to the original. Service Center couldn't locate where I had installed Traktor. Fixed that and now everything is fine again.

2.8 major problem for osx users: all fonts missings except traktor font. This means no proper display of the contents within the browser. Track tags are not displayed at all for greek, russian, jewish, etc!
    We expect 2.8.1 ASAP!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Updated to 2.8 today I could produce a crash twice... Both time it was while assigning modifier conditions in my S2 MK2 user mapping.

1# with the "Deck Play" modifier
    2# with the "Sample Page Selector" modifier

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast