Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...) - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    DJM 900 Nexus
    For production/mixing purposes? Or for strictly monitoring/djing purposes?

Tech Mentor

The Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-600s. They look like tiny clouds for my ears.
    For production/mixing purposes? Or for strictly monitoring/djing purposes?

Schalenberg

Just DJing. Something to sit comfortable on my ears for 2-3 hours on a very powerful sound system.

Tech Mentor

A few questions...What are you using now for headphones? And what type of music do you mix? How loud do you mix?

Hmm....a few concerns with the 990...you may experience trouble isolating sound. 990's are open headphones, great for listening, possibly some production, not really for isolating or monitoring. Open headphones leak a lot but also sound more "open" and "free" than closed headphones. Most dj headphones are closed for that purpose. Also, the model you chose is the 600 ohm version, even though the 900 nexus is a powerful mixer, you still may have some trouble driving the headphone to levels you may be used to. I sometimes use my Sennheiser HD600 headphones as a change of sound. I also have a lot of in-ear monitors that I have also used with success. The 770-80 ohm may be a better choice if you want comfort (clouds) on your ears, however, they still don't perform as well as some other headphones in that price range.

Schalenberg

I'm using the hd25s. Sound great but make my ears feel like fortune cookies after about an hour. Mixing disco and deep/disco/soulful house.

Tech Mentor

I still highly recommend the hd8. The price is very much worth it, you will probably never need another dj headphone ever again. I can't imagine using anything else for dj use now. I had the same problem with the clamping force of the hd25. I also mix deep/soulful house. I have velour pads on the hd8, so comfy you could sleep with them on.

Schalenberg

How do the velour pads feel on the hd25s?

Tech Mentor

How do the velour pads feel on the hd25s?
    They feel great, but the clamping force will still be there. Velour also typically reduces bass response. I like velour because it absorbs some sweat and feels cooler on the ears/head.

Schalenberg

Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna try and test drive those HD8s. Christmas is around the corner.

Tech Mentor

the wood grain skins are so awesome

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast