Duplicating the DJTT S2 mapping to control 4 decks. - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It is seek position with interaction mode direct with value 0.000 which in that case zero=track start. It is mapped like that by DJTT. Good to know everything's ok. Loops are next to go...

Before you continue may i suggest something that's not in the DJTT mappings?

1- Make left.loop.move and right.loop.move control the key of the track and by pressing them it will reset the key? Instead of the beatjump function it currently has, lots of people don't have use for that when you got the jogwheel for seeking position.
    2- Make left.loop.out and right.loop.out not exist the current loop, Why? because:
    3- There was a function in the default S2 mapping that the DJTT missed. the function was that if you held Right.loop.in or Right.loop.out while moving the jogwheel it would bring the loop in or out depending on the button you pressed recreating this CDJ effect that alot of dj's use. (it also works for the left.loop.in and the left.loop.out)
    4- add some LED output to know when you're in deck C or deck B mode? This could be the sample button engage (Center.Sample Decks.engage C) it would light up or bleep?

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    3- There was a function in the default S2 mapping that the DJTT missed. the function was that if you held Right.loop.in or Right.loop.out while moving the jogwheel it would bring the loop in or out depending on the button you pressed recreating this CDJ effect that alot of dj's use. (it also works for the left.loop.in and the left.loop.out)
    Can you please be little more specific because I'm not familiar with default S4 mapping at all? Isn't that same function as loop size does?
    Last edited by Stewe; 04-18-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Loop size changes the size of the loop (only on the out) it doesn't affect the IN part, and it changes it in exact sizes by that i mean 1/2 - 2 - 4 - 8 - 16 and so on.

The function im telling you allows me to change the loop size by bringing the IN part lower or bigger or the OUT part lower or bigger, and it doesn't change it in exact sizes.

I'm going to post an example for you to hear it.

No need for example got it now, that comes very handy but require two modifiers. One per side. This feature could share same modifiers as shifts but with different values so when it's push it will not effect pitch bending same like shift does.

You need to click the link, at first i bring the loop out in (make it smaller) then i return it to the original position, then after it's in the original position i bring the loop in in (make it smaller) then i try to return it to original position and stop. Not sure if you understood it with words but i'm sure the audio will explain it better.

no, there's no need for a shift modifier, you don't need to press shift when your doing that on the default S2 mapping, you just need to hold the Loop in button and move the jogwheel, i was sneefing around the controller mapping and i saw a modifier ''Is in active loop'', maybe this?

PS: i don't know a lot about modifiers so if that comment makes no sense, ignore it.
    Last edited by JulianVeloso; 04-18-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Didn't say you'll have to press shift, just that I could throw same modifiers on those buttons. "In loop active" could do the trick too but this could be better solution because of pitch banding conditions... I'll see where it goes.

Link u posted is not available btw.

http://soundcloud.com/julian-veloso/...h19m20/s-Ohcj1

what do you mean pitch banding conditions?

Modifier conditions of jog pitch band. Sorry.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast