Xone: DB2 Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    1200 GBP?? I thought for sure I saw 999 somewhere.
    that was ex. VAT.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    that was ex. VAT.
    i hope the reckoned price for the K2 of about 210gbp is incl vat... not so much of a biggie tho i guess
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    that was ex. VAT.
    Inc Vat

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i hope the reckoned price for the K2 of about 210gbp is incl vat... not so much of a biggie tho i guess
    Yeah inc Vat.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    If the DB2 gets certified will that mean anything for the DB4 getting certified?
    Yeah that means both hopefully. I think (personal opinion) there maybe a rethink on certification on the DB series.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    1200 GBP?? I thought for sure I saw 999 somewhere.
    Yeah i read that also but i was told more like £1200 inc vat by Andy Rigby-Jones who designed the DB4 and DB2.

Im hoping for a street price of £1100

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Andy Rigby-Jones who designed the DB4 and DB2.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Yeah that means both hopefully. I think (personal opinion) there maybe a rethink on certification on the DB series.
    If NI does not change that "quantity and you get our blessing" stuff they put up for the DB4, i predict that there will be a major ice age between both companies. In the end it would not surprise me if there is some kind of contract between NI and Pioneer preventing any progress on that front…

But i wonder what would happen to the price if they somehow get that certificate…
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Yeah inc Vat.
    sweet i suspect they're going to shift a lot of K2's... (wrong thread for K2 discussion, i know...)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    If NI does not change that "quantity and you get our blessing" stuff they put up for the DB4, i predict that there will be a major ice age between both companies. In the end it would not surprise me if there is some kind of contract between NI and Pioneer preventing any progress on that front…

But i wonder what would happen to the price if they somehow get that certificate…
    Ok, yeah i understand the point you are making and i know about the "quantity" thing although i wont discuss that here (not for me to get involved in).

As for the "contract between NI and Pioneer"... take this or leave it but there is no contract from what i hear, far from it.

As for DB certification, I think (hope) that NI will just 'get around to it'.

Tech Mentor

Ok, yeah i understand the point you are making and i know about the "quantity" thing although i wont discuss that here (not for me to get involved in).

As for the "contract between NI and Pioneer"... take this or leave it but there is no contract from what i hear, far from it.

As for DB certification, I think (hope) that NI will just 'get around to it'.
    I trust you when you say there is nothing.
    But you got to admit, it was a strange coincidence to see the nexus and t1 get the certificate while the db4 got rejected with said reason. Knowledge of how business is done and strategies that are popular in the IT World led me to this guess.

And i hope they will see the reason to do it, ssl just won the dj mag award for best software. more mixers with a native support of traktor scratch will surely pressure serato and convert more people to switch. And they will have a supportive product from every major company except from Rane.

but back on topic (hahaha), does the db2 get the bag the db4 ships with?
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

I trust you when you say there is nothing.
    But you got to admit, it was a strange coincidence to see the nexus and t1 get the certificate while the db4 got rejected with said reason. Knowledge of how business is done and strategies that are popular in the IT World led me to this guess.
    Agreed... My first thought was "shit NI have got into bed with Pioneer" and that would be a HUGE mistake. I believe that is not the case.
    I just think that NI sometimes makes decisions that they don't really think through to well maybe because there is a lot going on there. Weak excuse but ...

but back on topic (hahaha), does the db2 get the bag the db4 ships with?
    Didnt see on but i would imagine so

DB4 is £500 more, when your dropping that much $$ on quality kit i think people will be swayed more to the DB4 for features rather then the 2 for price. however the DB2 competes with the djm900 and the DB4 competes with the 2000 on price.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast