which midi to trigger cue points? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    true - i'd like one but its way too expensive for that it is imho

yep - it is quite big - tho gives u lots of stuff to map. not sure about "too much" as i only paid 80gbp for mine new - which isnt much more than stuff like the nano's etc. not going to get much cheaper than that. unless by "much" you just mean the number of buttons ofc...

true lol - but they are uber cheap.

you don't have many options left really i don't think. there is the iStage by ICON that is like a small launchpad - but i don't think its any cheaper:

http://www.icon-global.com/ShowPro.aspx?ID=100

i paid 100gbp for my icon idj and i think this is the same price.

why not just a midifighter classic - its 16 pads and not a bad price. not backlit but has leds by each control at least.
    the only reason i would get the idj is to be able to control effects and like turn everything into superfaders. like the crossfader would be an echo freeze or something

You couldn't turn those faders into super faders easily, firmware won't support it. You'd have to run it through some midi translator software to achieve that.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

http://www.ultimarc.com/ultralux.html

Or you can mod sanwa buttons to be backlit if you manage to get a midifighter kit. alternatively mod a usb gamepad with arcade buttons and build your own ???
    TSP2 | MBP 13" | Fostex PM-05mk2 | Livid Block | Kontrol X1 | Arduinome 64 | Midi-Fighter | CME UF60 | phenom 1090t 4ghz desktop |

Y don't you just keep you x1 in cue mode and then you also have control of the second two effect banks

Quote Originally Posted by chillinzzd View Post
    but in case you're serious -

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5683355_n.jpg

there is the same option available for the midifighter classic
    ah.... yep - i was in fact being serious ah well... show's how much i know

i've seen those style arcade buttons but didn't know they were now an option on a midifighter.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by chillinzzd View Post
    Just saw iStage, I think APC 20 would be better for extra few bucks
    i don't like the size of the apc20, way too bulky for what i want. currently looking at a 2nd LP, the istage, vestax padone or just cheaping out and buying a 2nd lpd8. atm i can easily fit all my controllers in one laptop bag, with them all in their own sleeves. i like that kind of portability. kind of "mix & match" depending on how i feel like controlling traktor/ableton.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Pabloco View Post
    the only reason i would get the idj is to be able to control effects and like turn everything into superfaders. like the crossfader would be an echo freeze or something
    it would make a cool effects controller in additional to another - with so many pots, buttons and the 5 faders to map. plus the jogs are pretty cool, very responsive and send out different data depending on whether you're moving via the top or the edges and/or whether you enabled the scratch mode button.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345