Quote Originally Posted by Fnkyjack View Post
    Attachment 22907Attachment 22908Attachment 22909

This my ikea hacked production desk.

Gerton table top x2
    Capita leg 8mm x4
    Capita Bracket (Monitor Stands)
    Alex Storage unit
    Finnvard Trestle
    Bräda Laptop stand x2 (Push and Maschine)
    This is fucking awesome. That is super similar to my dream table.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Convert

Updated to accommodate my new toy!
    Last edited by tekki; 07-06-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Tech Mentor

How much weight can this ikea kit take? i've already got the bookcase i'm thinking of buying the extra parts and doing the same as the DJTT article but i have 2 Behringer truth monitors, they are passive but still weigh 25 1/2 lbs (11.5KG).

[edit]

I done a little sketch to show how i'm thinking.. get the bigger shelf but then there will be quite a bit of over hang at each side and then from the back. will the 2 angled legs be able to take the weight?

Last edited by goodbytes; 07-20-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Tech Convert

Love your setup, Peasey! Very clean. I just hit ikea this weekend, can't wait to post up some pics of my finished table

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    How much weight can this ikea kit take? i've already got the bookcase i'm thinking of buying the extra parts and doing the same as the DJTT article but i have 2 Behringer truth monitors, they are passive but still weigh 25 1/2 lbs (11.5KG).

[edit]

I done a little sketch to show how i'm thinking.. get the bigger shelf but then there will be quite a bit of over hang at each side and then from the back. will the 2 angled legs be able to take the weight?

Having put one together myself and knowing the structural integrity of the pieces, I'd advise against this design. I have monitors that are similarly sized and I used 4 straight support legs. The way you have it here, you are bound to have your kit hit the deck sooner or later and that isn't a nice thing to come home to.

Tech Wizard

What's up everyone. This my first time posting. Just wanted say thanks for the inspiration. I found this thread last week and ended up building my own. I already had an expedit so I just had to buy the capita brackets, linnmon table top and lack shelf. The one extra thing I did end up doing was buying 6" corner braces and securing the linnmon table top to the wall. I noticed when I did any heavy scratching it did move a little bit, even with the weight of the records holding it down. That probably wouldn't happen on a hard floor. It's rock solid now.

Last edited by TMAS; 08-21-2014 at 07:07 AM.

I found this booth amazing, do you guys know any store like IKEA based in mexico city ?

Banned

Decided to copy everybody and make a smaller version for my s4 (rooms are a little smaller in Japan so no room for a full sized one)
    Last edited by tekki; 09-22-2014 at 04:37 PM.

heaaaaaaaaaaaad!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Banned

Hey, everybody likes a little head