OT: Official World Cup Thread - Page 46
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast
    Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Dunno which half lol, right down the middle? My mom is from Portugal so it's the European side of things I guess.
    Rest of me has British Isles in it's background, but I seem to have dodged the whole ginger thing.

Karlos with a 'K' is German, with a 'C' is Portuguese or Spanish, so not surprised about the German thing.

Nothing wrong with having a mixed background mate
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

viva españa joder!,

naa in all seriousness, everyone can cry all they want about the referees in the game, but the truth is Netherlands had ample opportunities to win the game, with Robben's (who is, for all you who say Iniesta is a diver, the worst diver of them all) breakaway, and numerous other opportunities.

It's always way easier to blame the refs, but really Netherlands had accumulated 15 cards prior to the final, how many did spain accumulate? 2.

Oh, and for all of you who say Iniesta was offside, please go search on google and read up on what the offside rule is. He was offside on the original attempted shot, but did not interfere with play, then when the play moved on he came back on-side and received the pass for the game winning goal.

[youtube]pPdh9BQWwgM[/youtube]

For all of you who say Robben was tackled on his breakaway, I really have a hard time believing he was tackled, when he didn't even fall or trip. (check video below around 1:54)

[youtube]gBxGkCPhqqA[/youtube]

I'm sorry, blame the other team, blame the coach, blame the weather, but I cannot stand people who blame the refs because their team lost.

Anyway I'm glad Spain won in regulation time, because I know if they had won in penalty shots, I can guarantee that every single dutch supporter would have said, "that was just luck, anybody can win in a penalty shootout, it doesn't need skill."

It was a close game, both teams had good opportunities, and yes maybe iniesta may have dived, but is that really such a strong argument, when the other team had the ninja kick of the decade on xavi alonso, and this year's oscar winner, Robben?

Anyway, cheers to the Netherlands for making it to the finals and putting up a fight. I was worried throughout the game.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Which half..?

Yeah apparently a common name in Portugal and Brazil.

Not so common in England, but then my real name is German and im 1/4 Scottish (the top 1/4 cus im Gingerish).

Im a true mongrel ...
    Santos is very common at Brazil
    In fact Santos is a City name, my hometown, I've born there
    [ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=pt-BR&geocode=&q=santos,+s%C3%A3o+paulo&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.452734,78.662109&safe=on&ie=UTF8 &hq=&hnear=Santos+-+S%C3%A3o+Paulo,+Brasil&ll=-23.968686,-46.341705&spn=0.164388,0.307274&z=12[/ame]

Edit: ^^^^really cool this embed google maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    sorry to say but I thought both sides were awful, diving falling over when barely being touched, as for the Dutch van bommel is proper naughty, both sides deserver more red cards amazed they didn't get more, only mistake the ref made was missing the corner apart from that, i think this world cup will probably go down as one of the worst so far, most definitely the dullest final i have ever seen.

this is why I prefer rugby and played it, 15 players aside and none of them are crying and acting like petulant children.
    I was waiting for Van Bommel to get sent off or at least carded for all his outbursts....but never got one.

He was well badly behaved.

Both teams were good i rate. But Spain was able to change the game style up enough to fuck the Dutch around a bit.

Spain deserved to win in my opinion.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Which half..?

Yeah apparently a common name in Portugal and Brazil.

Not so common in England, but then my real name is German and im 1/4 Scottish (the top 1/4 cus im Gingerish).

Im a true mongrel ...
    So I can call you Heinz from now on?

Or....the RED Barron!

KEKEKEKE

Jokes....2 of my 3 brothers in London are Gingers.

As is my sister!

Not Ginger Bashing.....honest!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Lol... Yeah im not very ginger in fact my friends take the piss that im not actually ginger anymore cus ive got darker as ive got older but then i just get my knackers out and the proof is all there..!

I defend my Gingerness ... Ive got a beard at the moment that has Ginger , Brown, Black and grey bits in it. Its tortoise shell according to my g/f. I think its just fucking wierd.

As for the German name. My father was (hes dead) a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party Of Great Britain so im named after Karl Marx...

THIS IS A FAMILY OF REDS...
    *all the Americans here start to look concerned and take up arms*

@ V Hoff... please send me one of these

Lol... Yeah im not very ginger in fact my friends take the piss that im not actually ginger anymore cus ive got darker as ive got older but then i just get my knackers out and the proof is all there..!

I defend my Gingerness ... Ive got a beard at the moment that has Ginger , Brown, Black and grey bits in it. Its tortoise shell according to my g/f. I think its just fucking wierd.

As for the German name. My father was (hes dead) a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party Of Great Britain so im named after Karl Marx...

THIS IS A FAMILY OF REDS...
    *all the Americans here start to look concerned and take up arms*

So just to recap, you are a 1/4 scottish, 3/4 english, ginger communist northerner with a half German, half brazilian, ordained (saint karlos = karlos santos?) name? Very interesting heritage!!!

Mind you I'm a 1/4 Indian (my mum was born in india as grandad was in the gurkahs), 1/4 Dutch, 1/2 English southerner with a bit of a Devon accent so I guess we all have crosses to bare!!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

1/2 Belgian (Flemish), 1/2 Northern Irish with French, Dutch, English and Irish back to me great grandparents. I just happened to pop out in Canada (conception was elsewhere).

And that's just nationality wise, there is a fair old religion mix in there too!

When people ask "Where do you come from?" I never know what to answer...

But the good news is no ginger (apart from a couple of hairs in my beard).
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Well I dunno if I can top the crazyness of all this but I'm 1/2 Portuguese (as I said above), 1/4 english, 1/8 scottish, 1/16 welsh and 1/16 irish... and my great, great, great, great, grandmother was a hungarian gypsy from prague... I know. Wtf.
    Yet, I was born and raised in Canada lol.

And yeah, Karlos, I'd be worrying about those Americans, maybe you can get the title of Tech Commie for getting to 3K posts?
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    grandad was in the gurkahs
    Enormous respect to that man... what a great honour to have/had a Grandad in the Gurkahs...

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    But the good news is no ginger (apart from a couple of hairs in my beard).
    Thats enough for me.... GINGER :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    And yeah, Karlos, I'd be worrying about those Americans, maybe you can get the title of Tech Commie for getting to 3K posts?
    I think they have started a 'file' on me. Im sure DJTTs is tapping my phone.