Show your Setup! - Page 421
Page 421 of 469 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 4681

Quote Originally Posted by joostoftoday View Post

I really need some analog stuff!
    What for?

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    I know it isn't as amazing as some of the other setups in this thread, but I was really excited when my Ecler mixer came in the mail today. Here is a pic of my current setup (gonna go setup in the basement now )

Ecler Nuo 2.0
    Native Instruments Kontrol X1
    Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ
    Sennheiser HD-25II

I am hoping to maybe add either a Denon SC-2000 or a real turntable on the right side of the mixer and have the Kontrol X1 to the left side ... however, that is more of a desire, not a need (I would love to learn to scratch / get the bitches).
    I like it. Honestly, what else do you need?

That's what I was thinking really. It's really very elegant isn't it?

A custom flight case for the two of them would make a really damn sweet mobile set up. There also would be a little space above the x1 for a mini custom controller, such as little xy pad or a handful of knobs.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    That's what I was thinking really. It's really very elegant isn't it?

A custom flight case for the two of them would make a really damn sweet mobile set up. There also would be a little space above the x1 for a mini custom controller, such as little xy pad or a handful of knobs.
    Hah yeah it is very elegant. When practicing, I noticed a problem moving from MIDI mode to Hotcue mode to standard mode and all that... creating very scary intense situations where I was afraid I would miss the drop. I am actually thinking about getting the Super knob midifighter pro to make my life a little easier possibly. I am just waiting on the mapping and video for some inspiration (although I probably already know what I would do with it ... maybe bottom knobs as filters, top knobs as super knobs and the arcade buttons as hotcues and/or superknob selector).

Also, I caved and am going to buy a 1200mk2 off craigslist that I found for reasonably cheap (at least much lower than ebay). After talking to my friends, sister and even my mom about this decision, I think it will be an interesting investment. My legitimate desire to want to learn how to scratch as well as the fact that I will be at the same financial state after I sell a bass guitar that has been sitting in my basement for 6 years and my Audio 2 DJ. Even if it doesn't turn out to be the "best decision" it will at least be a decision with no significantly huge loss (since I'm going from a bass guitar I don't use at all to a turntable that I hope I will use for scratching, beatmatching practice, etc. purposes).

I don't know why but I felt like I had to justify my turntable purchase to you guys lol... I just felt like I betrayed mostapha's good words!

Also, someone asked earlier about the Ecler Nuo 2. The mixer feels SO GOOD. Although you already have a Xone, for those who want an analog mixer, definitely recommend the Ecler (only possible gripe is lack of filter knobs, but I just mapped the Xone ones onto my X1).
    Last edited by Nales; 06-19-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Tech Wizard

well here is my simple to turntables one mixer setup for my needs as a skratch/hip hop dj...

Wow! 4 turntables, 4 dicers, 2 mixers and 2 audio4s!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Wow! 4 turntables, 4 dicers, 2 mixers and 2 audio4s!
    hahahah funny man thats just my mirror... working my stage moves :P

thats what i thought when i saw it too i was like O.O waaaaaat lol
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Tech Convert

This is what I just finished setting up today.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2wfpod0.jpg

It's not much, but having an organized spot for all things music is going to help my workflow so much

its not much my ass, thats a sweet setup man, i wish i had the money for an s4

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    I don't know why but I felt like I had to justify my turntable purchase to you guys lol... I just felt like I betrayed mostapha's good words!
    Don't worry about betrying me. I'm an opinionated nobody. I'll give you my opinions all day long, but most of the time, they're just that. The fact that I state an opinion by no means implies that I think it's somehow fundamentally Right for anyone…just a side of some proverbial coin.

I've been through so much equipment since I started DJing…I'm happy to have such a small and capable setup in the few pieces I still own. Turntables are fun, and if you're scratching…there's nothing that comes close. Enjoy it.

There is one exception that I can think of…an ongoing argument in another thread, the topic of which I do know what I'm talking about (as in…I've been published in research journals on that topic). But it's not like there are journals dedicated to the pc vs. vinyl debate.