Show your Setup! - Page 418
Page 418 of 469 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 4681

Quote Originally Posted by chrisDGAF13 View Post
    I've only been DJing for a little over a year still have yet to do a real live gig. I live in a relatively small city South Dakota, and it's mostly all mobile DJ's playing weddings and things of that nature. We have a few bars around that have DJ's play on the weekends but that's about it. Plus I don't know anyone who DJ's so I'm kinda on my own. Anyway here is my bedroom setup. I'm getting a laptop next week(my desktop sucks!!) so that'll prolly go on the stand my controllers are on. I'm also looking into getting some better TT's and maybe a better mixer(DDM4000 maybe)

A closer look at my $6 DIY laptop/controller stand

2x Numark NDX400
    2x American Audio VDT-1000
    Denon dn-x120
    Hercules Mp3e2
    Korg Nanopad
    Sony MDR-V700
    American Audio Versaport
    Virtual DJ Pro 7

dude what are the Numark ndx 400's like ? I'm planning on gettin something along the lines of cdj's but don't have the huge cash supply for them ...
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Rkid_Dan View Post
    dude what are the Numark ndx 400's like ? I'm planning on gettin something along the lines of cdj's but don't have the huge cash supply for them ...
    I love em! Had them for a few months and haven't had any problems yet, and at $200 a piece there probably the best lower end CDJ's on the market. Just do a little research on them before you buy. Read some reviews, watch some videos, and if possible go to your local music store and see if you can test one out to make sure they have what you want before dropping the cash.
    Hope I helped!

Tech Wizard

What up everyone! just got into controllerism last week. Been DJing for 9 years. I sold my old set up to start building a new controller based set up. I should have everything set up by the end of this year. Here is what I have as of today.

traktor scratch 2
    ableton 8
    apc40
    korg kontrol49
    samson media one 3a monitors
    hp quad core pc
    audio 2

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Patech View Post
    What up everyone! just got into controllerism last week. Been DJing for 9 years. I sold my old set up to start building a new controller based set up. I should have everything set up by the end of this year. Here is what I have as of today.

traktor scratch 2
    ableton 8
    apc40
    korg kontrol49
    samson media one 3a monitors
    hp quad core pc
    audio 2
    how do you like the kontrol49? I saw one recently for $60..
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Wizard

The kontrol49 is great! it has touch sensitive trigger pads and has enough keys for me. If you can get one for $60 that would be a steal. They are discontinued so they are getting hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Pretty. I have that keyboard on semi-permanent loan from a friend…it works.
    Yep. That's pretty much the point of it - a controller so I don't have to draw in my pads and leads.

What screens are those, and do you like them? I'm kind of in the market, but I'm probably going to end up buying whatever's cheap and good enough.
    23" Acer LCDs. They only have VGA and DVI in (no HDMI) but for $177 a piece I can't complain. They are bright and clear and have a decent response rate. I'm only running Logic though - I'm not grading video or anything on them!

Also, do you actually like that trackpad…I can't see the point of buying a trackpad for a desktop…I deal with the one on my MBP just well enough to not bother carrying around a mouse.
    I LOVE that trackpad. In Logic it's great for scrolling through things, the swipe gesture is wonderful and I don't have to listen to a mouse scratching away at the desk or mousepad!
    "Tell me what I need to be a DJ so I can f*ck the prom queen"
    Biru on Soundcloud
    Biru on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    I just need to map my Kontrol X1 to let me click play while I am in hotcue mode lol.
    Yeah, probably the only thing which really annoyed me about the stock mapping.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Wizard

New Setup:

@jim so many buttons love it

Default New config (crap photo)

The left pdx needs feet and a platter if anyone has any spares...
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.