Karlos Santos Setup. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I'm not seeing an iPad (yet).

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    If that's a snowboard you have there, then you and I have waaayyy too much in common (that reminds me to start my annual snowboarding/skiing thread).

The fact that you have much more gear than me does rile me a little though.
    Lol... yeah thats a snow board... not been boarding for some years now so its out as a constant reminder that i need to get off my ass and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark-dohc View Post
    How did you find the s4 with the technics ?
    I really dig it... I take the S4 out of the flightcase though cus im a little guy and the stretch is a bit much but other than that i like the S4 with decks. Its kinda the reason i sold my Zero 4 as i just didnt need it.

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Damn, it looks like the NASA HQ. So many knobs, buttons and screens everywhere
    Thanks for sharing, that gave me ideas to do my own setup.
    Yeah its a compromise if im honest as space is at a premium and my production setup is a beginners job really. I think i will eventually expand the production setup and just have a DVS setup on one side. The S4 is rarely in place as i gig with it 3 nights a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrimartel View Post
    that is one beastly set up dude!
    Cheers man.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I'm not seeing an iPad (yet).
    Im hoping that i win one over the Xmas/NYE period (think i mentioned) im in a comp with the chain of clubs i work at.
    I really didnt want to get sucked into the iPad thing but when i was told i stood a chance of winning one i started getting interested. Then the Lemur app came out and we have been discussing it so i've almost convinced myself that my life is now meaningless without an iPad. Damn it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The whole lot.

Macbook Pro 2.53
    Macbook Pro 2.16
    iBook 1.25
    Mac Mini 2.6
    Dell box of annoyance.

2 x Technics 1210s inc Flight Cases
    2 x Ortofon Qbert Cartidges
    Korg Zero 4 (now sold)
    2 x Kontrol X1
    Sennheiser HD25

Maschine
    MidiFighter
    Faderfox DX2

Audio 8 DJ Soundcard
    Presonus FireBox
    Presonus FireStudio M
    Audio 2 DJ Soundcard

Akai LPK25 Keyboard
    Alesis Q49 Keyboard

Kontrol S4
    Allen & Heath Zed 14 Mixer
    2 x KRK Rokit G6

Logic
    Traktor Scratch Pro

Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Marshall 50/50 Power Amp
    Marshall 4x12 Angled Cab with flightcase
    (which I bought from Frankie Goes To Hollywoods Guitarist hahaha true, it has his name stenciled on the side). This amp was used by Cornershop to record their hit 'Brimful of Asha' they hired it from me for £50 for the week and then made millions, lucky them but everytime i hear that guitar intro i think "thats my f*cking amp"
    Alesis Quadraverb GT
    ADA MP1 Midi Pre Amp

1000s of Records and 1000s more in a storage unit with 1000s of CDs.

Pretty much an obsession in a picture.

Thanks for looking. It's been a pleasure to share.

Peace.
    Wow that setup is Hevenly. U have quite a record collection. Ur speaker placements in each corner of the room, is it practical? For a smaller setup
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I started with Traktor 1 on PC but I didn't use it to DJ, just to mess about at home. I was still using Vinyl and CD.

My mate introduced me to Traktor DJ Studio 2 and I started researching DJ software. I had seen a local guy using OtsDJ and I saw exactly what I did not want to become so i took the plunge and bought an iBook & Traktor 2.5.

After using the iBook at gigs as a backup and a library playing out of the headphone jack I started to get into Traktor and realised I needed a soundard so i followed my mates example and bought the Presonus FireBox. Probably the best soundcard I have ever owned.

Then when I was comfortable with mapping the keyboard and needed more control I looked at Midi controllers. This was when the Behringer B-Control DJ BCD2000 was still anticipated but it just seemed to take forever to become available in UK. In fact I just gave up ringing stores and then i noticed the Faderfox DX2 which looked perfect for small booths and use with turntables.

So here it is, my first digital DJ setup:

Apple iBook 1.25GHZ
    Faderfox DX2
    Presonus Firebox

(all still fully functioning)

Do you have a blog? If not, you should get one. You're a great writer, I just sat here and read everything. Thanks for sharing!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Havik View Post
    Wow that setup is Hevenly. U have quite a record collection. Ur speaker placements in each corner of the room, is it practical? For a smaller setup
    The speaker placements are purely out of necessity but they do help to fill the room. Whatever im doing im always a bit further away from one speaker or the other simply due to the shape of the room.
    Its a compromise, im just working with what space i have but it's not such a big problem when they are blasting my face off

Quote Originally Posted by J_relley View Post
    Do you have a blog? If not, you should get one. You're a great writer, I just sat here and read everything. Thanks for sharing!
    Wow what a really nice thing to say. I appreciate the kind words.
    I dont have a blog, I probably should but as I moderate the Native Instruments DJ forum and DJTT as well and work on the Traktor Bible i probably dont have the time to do a blog and, i would probably just RANT about things the petty things in life that get me angry which is what i do on Facebook quite a lot.

Great Setup!

I got a bit mezmerized with all the quotes,

Do you play out at gigs?

If so, which setup do you bring out with you?
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

im envious of that Korg Zero 4... Want one to go with my Zero 8

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234