Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - Builder Version - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

The Full version mapping isn't quite finished yet. This weekend it should be released. But you all should know how well my plans go by now.

What modifications do you want to add, if I may ask?

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

I was just going to experiment a little with doing some of my own tweaks and mapping some new effects. However, I like to use the presets as a starting point. I'd rather wait until your final version comes out before making any significant changes to the other mapping that I may end up liking. I also like to route another midi controller to turn effects 1-4 on/off for each deck, as well as some other minor things that suit my workflow. It's worth it to just wait for the newest version before putting effort into a mapping that may soon be redundant/useless to me! Thanks for the update.

Tech Convert

Had a great moment at the bar tonight with your original mapping... used a little bit of the first effect to stutter loop a track and a guy on the dancefloor noticed and suggested I stutter this one phrase that was being repeated through the track (E-40's "Bitch") so I gave it a shot, somehow pulled it off flawlessly with a drop back in to the main beat and the guy was genuinely stunned/impressed... the entire time I'm thinking "fuck yea Scamo, you da man!!!!!"

Can't wait for the video to try my own effects and your final version with all effects!!! Please tell me some of them use the trick that emulates the RMX-1000 rewind/power down effect!!!! As seen in this post

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=51820

Yes, mode 2 is now like franekk's beatmasher 1/8 and transpose stretch with a TTFX stop.

Cool story too. Thanks for that! But the mapping is only 50% of the whole deal. Using it properly and well is the other 50% and that was all you man.

scamo

Tech Convert

Scamo, check out the "Beatmasher 2 + Transpose effect in" @ 1:15 in the following video,

if you're looking to fill another effect slot.
    Last edited by srdjedit; 08-10-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Can't watch the video. The Gema is blocking it. But I already have a beatmasher and transpose effect. Thanks.

scamo

Tech Convert

definitely enjoying the preview. seems like the delay fx gets "stuck" on during normal use on both decks. having the reset macro is very helpful

edit: im watching your part one of how to map and you mentioned fixing a bug that sounds very much like the one i've been experiencing. nicely done!
    Last edited by catvideos; 08-11-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Tech Wizard

I suggest having an echo out be built into this mapping that is easily accessible at any point in time. Echo out is huge for me during transitions so if it's possible I would really appreciate you throwing that in! (if not i'm sure i can finagle something and figure it out myself). Armyofme's riser effect is also pretty neat so i'm not averse to throwing that in. And finally the transpose effect used in this video is SICK.

Also... any way to get a key functionality into this mapping? Again if not i'll see if i can't tweak it and figure out a creative way of doing it myself .

Thanks for your great work!

Tech Convert

From Previous Post... ": im watching your part one of how to map and you mentioned fixing a bug that sounds very much like the one i've been experiencing. nicely done![/QUOTE]

Where are you able to see this , I couldn't see a link? I'd love to see the 1st 1/2 of the "how to map" video. Thanks
    "

Quote Originally Posted by catvideos View Post
    definitely enjoying the preview. seems like the delay fx gets "stuck" on during normal use on both decks. having the reset macro is very helpful

edit: im watching your part one of how to map and you mentioned fixing a bug that sounds very much like the one i've been experiencing. nicely done!
    On the delay FX hanging issue, is it in the one-shot mode or incremental where you have the issue? Are you using Windows or Mac?

scamo

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast