X-Session alternative? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by LmnLm3 View Post
    Yeah, it's mapped nicely, but it's feeling a lot more limited than advertised (since I'm not using automap except with Live8, and it's borderline usable there... APC would have been the way to go with that one... buttons are nicer on the LP though.)

I think as a gigantic midifighter the LP is top notch for the price. As advertised, it's acceptable. Acceptable is not acceptable to me - I require exceptional!
    so...

a) why not using automap? it has issues? and

b) what features do u think are missing from using the launchpad without automap

very curious about both questions as they might affect some code i'm working on.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    so...

a) why not using automap? it has issues? and

b) what features do u think are missing from using the launchpad without automap

very curious about both questions as they might affect some code i'm working on.
    I hope this helps!!!

1) I would like multiple pages of buttons without automap- similar to the SCENE select button on the korg nanoKontrol

2) automap is confusing to learn, glitches out (sometimes I'm in Live8 and when I try to scroll down my clips, automap pops up because I hit the "view" button) and sometimes locks up all together, sometimes the LEDs are left over from the previous page/setup/application (switching from Live to Traktor does this, and vice versa)

The unit itself is a thing of beauty to feel and use, but to jump through all that nonsense is borderline not worth it to me. I like when things work. I know enough about MIDI and electronic gear in general, but I'd rather focus on my music. Same with my computers. I worked really hard to install OSX on my PC so I wouldn't have to deal with my OS anymore - transparency is invaluable.
    If you feel something is limiting your creativity, the real problem is that you feel that your creativity can be limited.

YouTube
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by LmnLm3 View Post
    I hope this helps!!!

1) I would like multiple pages of buttons without automap- similar to the SCENE select button on the korg nanoKontrol

2) automap is confusing to learn, glitches out (sometimes I'm in Live8 and when I try to scroll down my clips, automap pops up because I hit the "view" button) and sometimes locks up all together, sometimes the LEDs are left over from the previous page/setup/application (switching from Live to Traktor does this, and vice versa)

The unit itself is a thing of beauty to feel and use, but to jump through all that nonsense is borderline not worth it to me. I like when things work. I know enough about MIDI and electronic gear in general, but I'd rather focus on my music. Same with my computers. I worked really hard to install OSX on my PC so I wouldn't have to deal with my OS anymore - transparency is invaluable.
    cheers for the info - i agree with multiple pages. the launchpad really needs that - esp with the buttons on the top.

have u tried midikatapult and did u find that any better/worse?

it doesn't seem perfect at refreshing led's properly to me - tho a new version has been in the works for ages.

also i dont really like having the bottom/right button preset to jump to a page of page selects. i'd rather just have the top buttons jump between pages.

one issue is that the lp isnt all that fast at updating all its leds - basically as it has so many. tho there is a mode where they can be updated with half the number of messages.

the lp does need *some* software tho ofc to gain access to multiple banks.

personally i never use multiple banks on my nanokontrol or lpd8 as i find it awkward - tho i do make use of pad/note/cc modes on my lpd8 as you can flip between those with one button press.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234