Dustin V's Set Up - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Very nice setup man, I dig it a lot!
    DJ Setup: Serato DJ/(2) Vestax V7/Ecler Nuo 2.0// Production Setup: Logic Pro 9/M-Audio i-Control/M-Audio Keystation Mini 32/NI Audio 2 DJ/13" 2.3GHz MBP 500GB HD OSX Lion/AIAIAI TMA-1/Roland TR-707//

Thanks buddy!
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

First post, but I must say. Awesome set up man. Put me in the mood to mix up a storm.

Thanks bro, and welcome to the worlds best DJ forum!
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Cool ditto

Quote Originally Posted by dave04045 View Post
    I love the RMX! I followed the same path as you basically. Started off with the RMX and virtual DJ (hated it). I bough traktor, made my own MIDI map for it and controlled effects etc. with it. Hopefully I can add an X1 soon
    me also - started with vdj and NO controller, just using my keyboard and mouse..
    bought the hercules rmx with vdj for a while. than onto traktor which i love.

just bought the twitch, still struggling with itch a bit.

not found a proper map for traktor pro 2.6, any suggestions?

my opinions (having both a rmx and twitch sitting on my desk)

the rmx is built like a truck and i love the feel of it under my fingers. still a great piece. never had a issue.
    not to mention the pretty blue lights over silver body...

twitch so far is - so light and im so afraid if i dropped it, it might explode.
    my knobs came real tight, pulling them up off the surface just a tad helped.
    i miss the eq kills a lot. im not in love with itch either, trying to decide on working back into traktor
    or keep playing around with itch, we'll see with serato dj coming soon if i can be swayed either way.

output has been about equal for me, though a lot of people say the twitch has weak output. ive not has any probs yet, though i have not played on any bigtime systems.

hope that helps you a little...

i've also got a hercules rmx +1

Quote Originally Posted by aurynchild View Post
    my opinions (having both a rmx and twitch sitting on my desk)

the rmx is built like a truck and i love the feel of it under my fingers. still a great piece. never had a issue.
    not to mention the pretty blue lights over silver body...

twitch so far is - so light and im so afraid if i dropped it, it might explode.
    my knobs came real tight, pulling them up off the surface just a tad helped.
    I miss the eq kills a lot. im not in love with itch either, trying to decide on working back into traktor
    or keep playing around with itch, we'll see with serato dj coming soon if i can be swayed either way.

output has been about equal for me, though a lot of people say the twitch has weak output. ive not has any probs yet, though i have not played on any bigtime systems.

hope that helps you a little...
    I will always miss my RMX, it was a solid reliable first controller, but after some time I was starting to feel quite limited hence me moving forward and updating to the S4.

I did like the Twitch, and enjoyed it a lot, but I wasn't a big fan of Itch, and also there were a few things bugging me about it. I also noticed that the knobs were stiff, and it did have a lower output compared to my S4 which I had previously. Shorty after buying the Twitch, NI released the S2, which was perfect for me. If the S2 had been released before the Twitch I would have probably gone for the S2 instead, and not even looked at the Twitch, but at that time it was the only controller best suited to my needs.

To be honest I don't really miss the Twitch actually, I really love my S2, I've made a few small adjustments to the DJTT S2 mapping and it does everything I need it to.

Although I have been looking a the VCI 400 quite a bit these days...

Hey guys been a while but recently got my new headphones! My new babies.

Fully customized HD 25's with UV splatter, and Glow in the dark paint...

And soon there will be some new additions to my set up.. New MBP, Z2 and I'm still thinking about adding in a MFS, but not decided yet. Watch this space!

tie-dye headphones .. bloody hippies
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast