Show your Setup! - Page 374
Page 374 of 469 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 4681

yeah i'm on epilim chrono 1500mg for 3 years now. It's not nice tbh but what the hell.

My doc told me quit dj'ing because of the stereotype scene associated with dance music. He got a firm telling off.
    And i got allocated a new doctor :P
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

Tech Guru

why do you guys need to take pills when all you need to do is just keep it calm and less stressy? Meditation, herbs - could it be enough?

I probably saved an epileptic lady's life a month or so ago - the tongue. It was stress with her too - it appeared that she visited some astrologist, who told her something, idk. It was on the same day I got fired from work and occasionally the most proper moon day (the 22nd) for starting a new job (the jobless job - the best temporary job, ever ).

Keep cool guys, cheers!

Tech Guru

you know what they say....if an epileptic fits.....wear it!

sorry guys, cudnt resist
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    why do you guys need to take pills when all you need to do is just keep it calm and less stressy? Meditation, herbs - could it be enough?

I probably saved an epileptic lady's life a month or so ago - the tongue. It was stress with her too - it appeared that she visited some astrologist, who told her something, idk. It was on the same day I got fired from work and occasionally the most proper moon day (the 22nd) for starting a new job (the jobless job - the best temporary job, ever ).

Keep cool guys, cheers!
    Ahh, if it were only that simple.. In a real quick lamans terms, my brain fires impulses too fast and cant keep up with itself, almost like an ADD person, constantly ticking away nonstop no matter what.. The medication reduces those effects to somewhat manageable levels, but im still left with certain triggers. Fact is other then knowing about it and knowing its a neurological disorder, doctors really dont know much about why/whats going on.. So expensive drugs that keep your liver working overtime along with unwanted side effects is the best option for us.. Weed helps but not enough reliable research to show the medical benifits or if it could even be used as an anticonvulsent all together..

On a side note, dont ever stick anything in an epileptics mouth, espcially your fingers, cause you might be leaving without them!!

Its an old wives tale that epileptics might "swallow their tounge" simply impossible, try it yourself..Whats stopping you?? That little piece of skin connected at the bottom huh? ChaChing, we have that also!!!!! People also used to stick wallets in the mouth so people wouldnt bite their tounges, but then when the epileptic went to vomit while having a seizzure(happens alot) they asphyxiated on their own vomit because the wallet was blocking the mouth..

Best case senario if your ever around someone having a seizure:

Roll them on their side, pillow or something soft under the head, and let them do their thing.. Nothing you can do about it except take a knife out of their hand or something, lol..
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Tech Wizard

New sub to add to our collection

It's the one on the bottom.

as it stands.

2xCommunity 15's | 2xYamaha 18'' Sub's | 2xCrown xls1000's

All Playing out the S4 and TP2

Bye now

Quote Originally Posted by larrymcgone1 View Post
    New sub to add to our collection

It's the one on the bottom.

as it stands.

2xCommunity 15's | 2xYamaha 18'' Sub's | 2xCrown xls1000's

All Playing out the S4 and TP2

Bye now
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    On a side note, dont ever stick anything in an epileptics mouth, espcially your fingers, cause you might be leaving without them!!

Best case senario if your ever around someone having a seizure:

Roll them on their side, pillow or something soft under the head, and let them do their thing.. Nothing you can do about it except take a knife out of their hand or something, lol..
    I keep telling people this a lot. My mom and sis are epileptic of the stress type (and a bunch of random ones) so I had to learn to be ready

Talking to them in a calm tone seems to reduce the "wake up" time, at least with them.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I keep telling people this a lot.Talking to them in a calm tone seems to reduce the "wake up" time, at least with them.
    My wife started seizing after ODing on Benzos' and Schedule 5 painkillers which messed with her brain chemistry. Been on Epilim since. Been diagnosed as 'Exogenous' as compared to 'Endogenous' Epilepsy. Keeps me on a knife edge, but this and a course in Emergency Medicine teaches you NOT to 'interfere' with a seizure. Witnessed a Grand Mal when some clown did the 'spoon in the mouth' trick. Poor kid desroyed all his teeth. Been to an Epilepsy Support Group where a lot of sufferers said they 'recall' being quietly spoken to - so I'm with you an that Padi. Makes ALL the difference with my wife.
    356 reasons why

I never realised quite so many people actually have epilepsy...

@plw1993 Yeah they wear signs or something so we can see them coming.