The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 37
Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

hey guys

thanks for your opinion...
    @ MCMaxx: I used this tabletop dude LINNMON (150x75) here german link http://www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/pr...350/#/20251356
    It's pretty perfect when you must save the space behind :P

@hellnegative: My cat got an blanket behind the Mixer It's here new favorite place to sleep, cause of the height

I will post a few pics in approx 45 minutes with the new setup

Updated photo: Got a new glass head for my headphones which i thinks pretty cool even though it's not ikea!

can the capita legs be fixed both ends if not is there a way of making them so there can

Can I ask if anyone has managed to sort out some sort of joint DJ and Production setup?

I have a load of new gear and some lovely Adam A7X monitors so I need to build a desk to have it all on. However I will also want to make use of the speakers when producing so I'm thinking really I need one either side of me. But not really possible if I also want them in the DJ section. Am I asking too much do you think? Only have my bedroom so trying to get the most out of the space I have. I could post pics of it if anyone can come up with some ideas.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Can I ask if anyone has managed to sort out some sort of joint DJ and Production setup?

I have a load of new gear and some lovely Adam A7X monitors so I need to build a desk to have it all on. However I will also want to make use of the speakers when producing so I'm thinking really I need one either side of me. But not really possible if I also want them in the DJ section. Am I asking too much do you think? Only have my bedroom so trying to get the most out of the space I have. I could post pics of it if anyone can come up with some ideas.
    for my dj/ production desk i built it large enough to fit all my stuff on one level keys and mixer/ midi controllers and raised the monitors and screens to fit ideal height total cost for desk was £50, for me space is also a tight premium hence the custom desk as i had to remove a few storage units to get it in my room.

Yeah I'm thinking of making a really long desk with a bit of a corner section for my PC rig. Going to get my room a bit tidy and add a pic and see if anyone can come up with ideas.

One question I have. For people having turntables and then a second higher shelf for controllers/laptop. How far forward and high does this shelf need to be to not get in the way of your arms when trying to use turntables?

thinking of using the GODMORGON legs as monitor stands how can I bolt these both ends

Tech Guru

Well the top is easily mounted, rather obvious.

The bottom looks like it is only secured by a single screw. I don't know if you'd wanna use that as a stand unless your monitors are 5". I'd try and fabricate a center mounted bracket to the bottom so you have a more secure mounting plate.

Hmm not sure want something I can bolt both ends fairly easy with out to much messing around