NAMM 2012 Rumours and New Release Thread - Page 32
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    Wow!

If the DB2 gets Traktor certified, I would probably go and buy one when it gets released.
    I wouldn't hold my breath, NI seems to have different priorities and if a mixer is going to be scratch certified they should know by now and would be advertising it and talking about it.

Whenever something pioneer is certified they market it as certified from the start. If they aren't saying it's certified now at namm then I wouldn't count on it with NIs certification politics

That said you should still buy it.

I really don't understand the big deal about mixers being traktor certified. It's marginally easier if you're responsible for all your own sound and bringing a mixer anyway, but a couple extra RCAs is the least of your worries if that's the case. If you're a touring club dj (or a resident or whatever), you still have to have a discrete sound card to make sure you can play...or set it up so you can change out the mixer and either let everyone play off yours or swap it out during the night, which has its own complexities.

I just don't get why it matters at all from an individual's perspective. Now, a club that installs a djm900 and has an sl4 always pkugged in would be bad ass...unless 2 traktor djs are playing back to back without another source during the change-over.

Default F1

Wow, the new Kontrol F1 looks pretty cool. I use a S4 so the F1 would be a perfect companion. I wanted a Midi Fighter Pro Beatmasher, but the F1 looks to be the superior controller, multi colored led pattern buttons, 4 assignable faders AND knobs! Hell to the yes, and it's about the same size as the X1. Just load up the Beatmasher Pro settings into Midi-Mode and you got yourself a hybrid midifighter/maschine type controller.

Hopefully the price tag wont break the bank, I estimate it will be in the 400$ range, but I have no idea. This should also help drive down the price of the Midi Fighter Pro's, Win Win

Additionally I've been getting tired of Routing Traktor through Ableton due to the latency and Ableton's uncanny ability to crash on me, Traktor 2.5 looks to eliminate the need to run Ableton simultaneously, unless of course you love your VSTI's and Synths.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades
    Hardware: MBA 13" i7 | NI S4 | Maschine
    Software: TSP 2.5 | Live 8 | ZebraII | Massive | FM8 | Sylenth1

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Do you really not know why you wouldn't buy anything over its competitor made by behringer?
    Eh? Are you saying I should buy Behringer over its competitors or the competitors over Behringer?

How many Behringer products have you owned Mostapha?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

With the Exceptions of their DJ mixers which were "not great" really (excluding DDM-4k) behringer are honestly not that bad when it comes to reliability.

Consider for a moment the sheer volume of audio gear they ship compared to other manufacturers.

Like i said in a previously, I used to sell behringer gear and the % of failure rate on their live PA/Studio stuff was not better or worse than anyone else's, we just sold a ton more of it because it was cheaper.

Their Midi controller line has always been pretty damn reliable anyhow, build was never brilliant build wise, but it comes at a disposable price.

Now the ante is upped with disposable price, pretty unique controllers + a 3 year warranty, thats damn impressive from any manufacturer.

I'm super impressed with the line up of modular controllers right now - just wondering if the A&H K2's, F1's or Behringers are going to give me what I want most in the best package.

Guess I have some time to plot my upgrades grrrrrr

Not being released for 6 months = happy girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Eh? Are you saying I should buy Behringer over its competitors or the competitors over Behringer?

How many Behringer products have you owned Mostapha?
    Buy the competitors over behringer.

I've had experience with some. Their DJ gear has mostly been crap, as well as anything I've seen that generates audio. PA Mixers are okay but nothing special as long as you're not using the preamps. The xenyx series is good enough that it's worth just buying a new one when it breaks, but they all do break after a while.

I haven't used the PA gear, but I believe that it might not suck. And i hate the Truth monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Their Midi controller line has always been pretty damn reliable anyhow, build was never brilliant build wise, but it comes at a disposable price.
    That, I'll give you. But it was just the BCR and BCF in a couple iterations, and I believe they were both cheap implementations of the Mackie Control stuff. They're kinda cool.

There are definitely gems among their line, but I'm not convinced that their controllers will keep up compared to some of what I've seen. That being said, I'm also disappointed with most controllers after using them, so it might be that they just don't make a product that I care about.

Tech Wizard

Default EKS Lab?

Any news about the EKS Lab?

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    behringer are honestly not that bad when it comes to reliability.
    My Behringer mixer never broke down, but maybe it's because I stopped using it after 3 months because it sounded and felt like crap
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    And i hate the Truth monitors.
    And you do so with good reason, they're absolutely dreadful. They look like copies of old Genelecs, but that's only skin deep. The only thing they really do is produce a lot of sound for cheap - the Cerwin-Vega of monitors. The "calibrated" frequency response charts they ship with Truths are one of the more hilarious pieces of audio papers I've seen.

Given Behringers reputation on the durability of its products, it is interesting to see that they will give 3 years warranty on such a cheap controller. If someone bashes his controller to death for a couple of times in that 3 years and they have to repair it, how on earth will they ever make a profit on it?
    So they either are really sure of themselves having made a controller built like a tank, or they just want to sell tons of it and then just hope everyone treats it like their granny :|
    Gear: late 2011 13" i7 256GB Macbook Air, Numark NS7, 2x Technics SL-1200MK2, Dateq XTC, 2x M-Audio CX8
    Check my Souncloud for livesets: http://soundcloud.com/dj-subliminal