Xonetacular's Setup - Page 30
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

beauuuutiful, dude. that modular is gorgeous. lil bit green with envy here for sure.

the orange patch cables are really sharp.

Do you use that DJ booth in your live shows for your setup?

How do you like your Piston Honda and Maths? I'm currently piecing together modules to fill a 19" "Happy Ending Kit" from tiptop. I am going to go with the doepfer A-110 for just a plain old OSC, but I also wanted another more sonically "exotic" OSC to play with and came to like the demos of the Piston Honda & Maths(I just love all the things it seems you can do with maths).. Can you give me any first hand insight on what you like/dislike about these particular modules, if they are really worth the cash they pull, and any other modules or anything else I should keep my ears open for..

Man it sucks being a fish again.. LOL.
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    How do you like your Piston Honda and Maths? I'm currently piecing together modules to fill a 19" "Happy Ending Kit" from tiptop. I am going to go with the doepfer A-110 for just a plain old OSC, but I also wanted another more sonically "exotic" OSC to play with and came to like the demos of the Piston Honda & Maths(I just love all the things it seems you can do with maths).. Can you give me any first hand insight on what you like/dislike about these particular modules, if they are really worth the cash they pull, and any other modules or anything else I should keep my ears open for..

Man it sucks being a fish again.. LOL.
    are you on muffwiggler.com forums? best bet is to get on the eurorack modular planner and get in the eurorack forum

Piston honda is pretty cool for a wavetable osc. Maths is a great versatile module and you get a lot for your money in a small system, but they are not available right now and won't be until it is redesigned and who knows when that will be- you probably won't find one secondhand either (they get snatched up in literally 30 seconds if one comes up) so you cna probably get maths out of your head for now.

I would skip the doepfer A-110. Even if you want a vanilla osc there are much better choices- intellijel Dixie II is what I would recommend probably for a standard osc. Intellijel Designs is absolutely killing it right now and has a lot of great modules to start with. Intellijel Quadra and expander makes a great maths replacement for envelopes at least and more (maths does more than that but only two envelopes).

Also a happy ending kit is a good start just have a plan for expanding since you will fill it quick. I would just get a 6u case to start or plan on expanding the happy ending kit and putting it in something like I did.

guess I can update this thread while I'm here...

building some modules...

current:

I need to expand my case, I have a ton of DIY modules lined up that I could probably fill another 6u with.

I'm thinking of building a DIY 18u case, it would technically be 9u but with 3 rows of 168hp rails and I would just power it with 3 uzeus to save money since I already have two.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 10-16-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I'm thinking of building a DIY 18u case, it would technically be 9u but with 3 rows of 168hp rails and I would just power it with 3 uzeus to save money since I already have two.

Mhm. Mhm. Yeah. I know some of these words!

Quote Originally Posted by 0.0 View Post
    Mhm. Mhm. Yeah. I know some of these words!
    Haha I'm with you there man! All looks very cool and I'd like to fiddle with it, but I'd need days as I'd have no idea where to start.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Hmm I haven't updated this in a while. Not much has changed except a rather large backlog of DIY modules I need to build. I'm debating selling my machinedrum for a 909- but can't decide and it's really up to chance as to what prices/condition are like if I were to look for one if it's worth it.

Hey man do you have any updates on those tight ass modules ur workin on??
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Focal CMS 65s, these things are pretty incredible. I think they are broken in I ran them for like 25 hours now they sound pretty amazing. I also think they look awesome as a bonus (much better than the new genelecs, dynaudios, etc.), it looks like composite from pictures but they are actually thick sold aluminum anodized cases.

I got around to painting these 1200s which I'm going to sell and then buy bass traps. I also grabbed another 1200 off craigslist a few hours ago so I have another pair I need to paint.

grabbed this for cheap

needs a new tone arm, I didn't realize until I got home the tine piece that juts out for the tone arm lift is broken off but everything else is fine for the price and it will get paint
    Loving the white technics
    How are the stickers holding up, I'm afraid they fall of, so that is why I won't paint mine.
    ECLER EVO 5★★TRAKTOR KONTROL X1★★2x TECHNICS SL1210 MK.2