Older DJ's - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Older DJ's

Tech Mentor

37. .....you're a bunch of kids!!

I'm 47. I gave up my regular club night a few months ago, but still do lots of one off nights & corporate stuff. Plus I still do a load of 1000+ capacity christmas parties for mixed/corporate crowds every december.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

33 here.... just one 2yr old daughter... shes already an inspiring dj to be... she loves to play with the VCI-100 and the LPD8....

Hell when im 60 I will most likely be spinning the crowds.... at least then it will give me an viable excuse to look at younger women
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

Tech Mentor

Quite possibly the oldest on the forum. I hit 41 Nov 14. I have two wonderful children seen in clip below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPLMvIYRH8E

I still feel young.

Please vote for me

http://thedjlist.com/djs/Debray/

i love that clip
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

Tech Guru

This is great. I'm stoked to see so many older peeps posting to this thread. Had no idea! I'm 34, got hooked on the sounds Orbital was making in '93, started spinning on vinyl in '96, digital for almost two years now. Still playing out, and love it. MTVstinks - I see you're in Carlsbad. Right on! I grew up in Encinitas, Leucadia to be exact. Good to see a North County dj on here!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Good to see a 58 yr old Darkpsy DJ
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

gonna be 43 in december and holding it down, my regular club gig weddings parties whereever an whenever thats my motto. and only been spinning two years with the vinyl, love combining the new tech with the old . not only that but age brings knowledge how many times a night do ya play name that tune with a club goer."hey ya got that old song that goes da da somethin somethin all night ?".lol no problem.
    (abelton7,technics 1200,rane ttm 56,audio kontrol 1, axiom 25, korg nano kontrol.)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Good to see a 58 yr old Darkpsy DJ
    Nice!
    Raja ram will play here in São Paulo 14/nov and 21/nov

and Goa Gil is producing a rave here, he will play for 8 hours non stop, at least was what I was told he would do...

Raja Ram was a component of 1200 Mics project together with GMS and Chicago.

Tech Convert

I'm 42 and did local clubs for around 20 years. I love music and still mess around with it (electronic music), but I recently quit the club gigs.

I basically got tired of baby sitting with my music selection, found it harder and harder to be impressed with pop music, and mainly grew tired of the late schedule.

After quitting, I reclaimed my life, finally able to stick to one sleep schedule, and being able to avoid the constant alcohol consumption. The added benefit is I don't have inane pop loops assaulting my brain when I go to sleep.

One thing I noticed since about 2000, is that with the advent of digital downloading, everyone is a musical 'genius'/dj. And I mean everyone. I can be hard to hold course on your 'musical journey' when even the management is in your ear about selection. In fact, management is the absolute worst. Fun killing machines.

Before you think I'm being bitter, let me say I think it's totally legit and cool for older folks to dj, and I think they can bring a lot to the table. I totally support them!

I suppose it boils down to personal choice. For me, I chose to get my graduate degree and get involved with a career that didn't seem like a dead end. In a nutshell, I most directly relate to that Digweed quote above (even if it might be made-up): "I'm too old for this shit."

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast