MIDI Fighter cases: What would you guys like to see? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

so i was at micro center today and stumbled on this little gem, thought it would work out nicely. these "CD" holders aka "wallets" are getting harder to find

it said "50" cd/dvd capacity, which i laughed when i opened it up and it only had 15 sleeves inside for discs front and back, i guess your supposed to double up? or buy more sleeves? any who, i eneded up gutting it anyways...

the inside measured 6x6, but it being over 2 inch deep i had to give it a shot, and it looks like i even got room to add some foam to the inside. ive added clear square sticky rubber feet i found at my local Lowe's so it sits a little but higher, almost flush with my MF3D, i think i would still need to add some solid foam sections inside the case to elevate it a little more for storing the USB cable under it.

but for $3.99 i can't complain, i spent $8.99 on the external hd case and it was half the size :/

i know its not super fancy, but hey, it works, protect your investment

http://www.microcenter.com/product/2..._CD-DVD_Binder

*note* not all cd wallets are considered equal, take a tape measure with you, maksure the insides are atleast 6x6 and 2 inches or more tall.

here's what i meant by feet, it sounded kinda off in my previous post, i added feet to the Spectra

not a LOT of hieght gain, but its something

i added some foam to the case, the foam isn't very stiff, i need to find some different kind maybe

and this is what i was talking about for under the unit cable storage, still not firm enough foam.

im sure whatever DJTT puts out will be way better, but this was kind of my idea of what i was hoping they could make.
    i think a plastic, firm fabric, or aluminum case with firmer foam, clam shell design, on hinges with a latch would be good too.

but i built this for under 5 bucks, i had the foam and shoe goo already

can you get us some plan & side view pics of that case with "exact" dimensions please? thanks

maybe we bulk order a whole bunch of those and slap a djtt logo on the top
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Dude I was thinking the same when I was in a music store couple of days ago

tho the ones I've seen look a little bit different: they have also cartboard to the sides so it's more 'hard'

anyway now that I've seen it'd work i'm really considering it too ! =)

thanks for the pictures ^^

PS: where you got the feets from?
    NI Traktor Kontrol S4 - Sennheiser HD 25 - MF SPECTRA

got the feet from Lowe's, but i was actually wanting black rubber feets with a hole in them, i was going to back the original screws out and slide the feets in and screw it back together, but i couldnt find any feets... then i saw some at home depot today, weren't as tall as i was wanting, kind of big around, but they could work. i seem to have better luck finding odd stuff at ACE hardware, they had some 5 star knobs i bought to replace a broken knob on one of my speaker stands.

as long as the cd case is 6x6 on the inside and atleast 2 inches tall when closed it should work, i'll take some more pictures tomorrow, measured. i think the case is like 32Digits said, cardboard. i actually have another case i picked up originally for my MF3D but its just a tad too wide and bulky to "toss" in my back pack.

picked it up, and the lower case for my second laptop (and i don't use either anymore) @ harbor freight tools

i actually found a slightly larger case from there that opened up differently and i was able to pack my second laptop, crane stand, both MFs, and powerstrip, cords, cables. it opens at the handle area, which for me is way better, don't have to worry about packing foam so stuff doesnt move around anymore, the foam took up so much room trying to secure everything

per request...

as long as the inside is 6x6 2 inch tall it should fit the MF spectra, i put my MF3D in it since it sits taller, it fits with plenty of room to spare, so i might try to find one thats slightly thinner (2 1/2)

ok, so here's my latest find, I might actually buy another one since I have a Spectra and a 3D, give my old cases to my friend.

I was at this little dj lighting shop here in KC that I've been to time and time again and they have some killer deals, while I was there out of the corner of my eye I spot this little gem of a bag, the Arriba AC-50. Here are some pics on it, and my review of it.

I placed the USB cable on top to show how its carried with the dual handles, there IS room to place the cable inside of the bag if desired.

its got a dual zipper enclosure that opens from the top

plenty of padded space on the inside to secure the Spectra, I used the Spectra as its slightly larger than the 3D in length/width

with it in side the bag, and outside of the bag

the way it opens the front can be opened perfectly to take in and out the Midi Fighter

the bottom feels slightly stiff but either way its padded fairly well on the inside

so end of the review. I bought the bag at $8.99 USD which I feel is completely fair, I probably would have spent $10 USD for a Midi Fighter logo stitched on it.

Pros: nicely padded, well form fitting bag, I like the dual zipper open top, I like the dual carry handles, exterior is firm but not too stiff, seems to be made well and durable, inside zippers have protectors to not scratch the midi fighter.

Cons: a top/bottom pocket for the cable would be a nice addition or a padded insert that velcros on the sides to stash the usb cable so it doesn't scratch the Midi Fighter. the bottom isn't AS stiff as I would like. doesn't have the over all stiffness or height to be level with a set of tables as a lot of people would like.

overall, its a great and useful bag to protect your investment, and it can be used for multiple things if later DJTT releases Midi Fighter cases (lasers, cables, mics, maybe even headphones)

ok, so first and foremost I just want to say that these are for my own personal use, I am in NO WAY trying to mass produce or sell anything I have posted. with that said, here are the pics of my latest creations...

I used DARK t-shirt transfer to make logos to put on the cases, one for the Spectra, the other for the MF3D

I think little cases like this could sell in the stores, $10 or so?

the straight edge cutter worked out good

thought i'd share some creativity to those looking for ideas on side projects.

but i'd still prefer a nice, form fitting hard case that the MF can sit on top and it levels it with the mixer/tables/controller
    Last edited by secretseven; 03-29-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: pic fix

sweet. great work there
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast