Arkaei's Setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkaei's Setup

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Nice. Like the apc deal.

Tech Guru

How are you liking the tweaker/what are you using it for?

Think it would ever work as a midi mixer?

Hi arkaei, one setup thread per member please, i went ahead and merged your threads. Cheers,J

p.s i have $10 on you winning our competition so you better win mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Hi arkaei, one setup thread per member please, i went ahead and merged your threads.
    oh! sorry. and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    p.s i have $10 on you winning our competition so you better win mate
    I'll try to step up the game this week-end - still waiting for one unit to arrive... and then I may have to stitch together a panorama shot of it all. it's gonna be a pain, but a feature on DJTT is certainly worth the trouble. not to mention your 10$!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    How are you liking the tweaker/what are you using it for?
    to unleash the bassacre, of course:

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Think it would ever work as a midi mixer?
    I think it can work as a MIDI mixer. in fact, the default traktor mapping it ships with is essentially a "daily bread" 2 channel mixer layout that works well considering its purpose (but of course I've made my own, like most of us would), and the ableton remote script consists of two parts - one of which is a dynamic 2 channel mixer that you can move around a liveset. for a big set structure with dozens of tracks, the tweaker is clearly too small, but if you use it as a simple trigger box for a bunch of oneshots and loops to enrich your DJ set it's pretty close to perfection (I say "pretty close" because there's no such thing as a "perfect" controller).

I've played quite a few gigs using just the tweaker since getting the prototype and it was definitely cool on its own, but in the setup I'm building now both tweakers will end up as add-on units. I really like the fact that it has physical MIDI I/O besides USB, there are a number of applications for that (and it's not as constrained as maschine where you have to choose between USB OR MIDI in controller mode, you can actually use both in one template). syncing different programs is obvious, but then there's the PDX3000 which can essentially be turned into a Controller One this way...

Quote Originally Posted by arkaei View Post
    I'll try to step up the game this week-end - still waiting for one unit to arrive... and then I may have to stitch together a panorama shot of it all. it's gonna be a pain, but a feature on DJTT is certainly worth the trouble. not to mention your 10$!
    Nominations close tomorrow so not much time left!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Nominations close tomorrow so not much time left!
    okay... then it's a good thing that I just finished setting up, I guess

in the words of Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time: dinner is served, bitches.

equipment L>R: 2x Technics SL1210 mk5 + Ecler Nuo4 + Sennheiser HD25 + Vestax PDX3000 mk2 (S120) + Electrix Tweaker + NI Z2 with DJTT Chroma Caps + Electrix Tweaker + Moog Etherwave+ CV Theremin + Korg Monotron Duo + Korg Monotron + Sennheiser HD25 + Ecler Evo5 (in flightcase) + Access Virus TI + MPC Reinaissance + IBM W701 + Akai MAX49 + iPad3/Lemur + APC80.

here's a closeup of the twin tweakz2:

Last edited by arkaei; 11-09-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Holy hell in a hand basket, I am so coming over to your place. I'll bring beer.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Holy hell in a hand basket, I am so coming over to your place. I'll bring beer.
    you are most welcome bed & breakfast provided, especially in exchange for beer.

and let me add something: RAY IS THE FUCKIN GOD OF COFFEE! you won´t be disapointed
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast