My name is Alex.. my name is Alex.. my name is Alex.. my name is... #$@#$^@$#^()@%^() - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phloston View Post
    no offense but a lot of you guys responded in a dick way.

most likely I would guess that those who did are the ones who have little to no musical talent.

keep it friendly guys
    i just lol'd hard...welcome to the internet

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    no offense...it's gotten alot more dick than that. Wait till you post your first 12 minute mini mix. Jason will eat you for lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by phloston View Post
    wasn't planning any mini mixes in the short term but i'll look out for this ominously named foe called "Jason" in the event that I do

FO SHO
    imma link him this thread on skype for lawls

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Jason will eat you for lunch.
    What just happened?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    What just happened?
    jason your a mean heartless person apparently...
    you seem warm and fuzzy to me

Quote Originally Posted by seitz View Post
    jason your a mean heartless person apparently...
    Only until you get to know me

Jason, hope you are hungry. Might be a mini mix comin up.

OP, we are just taking the piss. That's kind what happens when any of these show up in a post:

How to I become the next big DJ
    I wanna get the best gigs
    What should I play
    Anything with the word sync
    What should I buy

This is a friendly place, and most of the "dickish" comments are all in good fun. No offense intended bro. But you should play some countstep.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

seems dj5dollaholla isn't around anymore.

for all those who missed this famous movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=GxYsM3cSkeI#!
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

i'm not sure what else i can add here, but i don't think djing is any more accessible than producing. it just depends on what you are more suited for and more interested in. since i got ableton and maschine producing has gotten way more accessible for me personally, although i have a lot to work on for sure and it's not an easy road by any means.

djing is a long difficult path as well. you have to find your voice just like with productions. you have to spend an infinite amount of time finding tracks, keying tracks, tagging tracks, sorting tracks, editing tracks, gridding tracks, and practicing to become consistently good. maybe it's just me since i have music of every genre to deal with and i will never be able to play only one type of music for the long haul. i may go through a faze where i only spin house, but i need other styles to keep me happy and balanced. also, i have a bad memory so that doesn't help.

if i were you i would make sure you tag, organize, and prep your tracks as you get them, since going back and sorting through an entire library is very time consuming. try to come up with a good workflow before you start and you will save yourself some time and headaches for sure. i am learning that the hard way, but i just have to power through it.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

You should figure that out on your own, according to what's hot in your city, instead of coming on a forum with members from all over the globe asking them what kind of genre you should play.

Around here (Toronto), the EDM is dead (or dying) if you ask me. Very few venues cater to those events, and the guys that DJ at them are part of a boys club that started long ago...So if you didn't get in on the ground floor, you have little to no chance now. Even the attendees are always the same, as they're also part of that boys club.

The trendy thing here is the hipster douche-y, old school soul, funk, motown etc played on vinyl. Personally I can't stand that stuff and would rather DJ at weddings.

Kind of sad to hear that about TO. When I was living there (Mid-late 2007) the scene was strong and thriving, and now with all the big names and labels coming out of TO I thought it would have even been better than when I was there.

*delete*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast