Any DJTT S4's already arrive? - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

^ yeah that link is titled

"Official jogwheel calibration guide" I think it's just a series of touhcing the platter on the right, left, etc. Nothing complicated.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think your blowing this out of proportion a little. I can only think of a handful of people that have reported problems with the jog wheel.
    I AGREE.

The title of this thread is: ANY DJTT S4's ARRIVE YET?

If you are gonna discuss Jog Wheel issues on a non DJTT unit please do so on the NI board where guides, and tips have been posted.

The intent of this thread was to get feedback from DJTT S4 customers.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PRESSPL>Y View Post
    I highly doubt that it's a transportation issue is all these people from different parts of the world have the same issue. And if it was an issue of misshandling during transportation, it must have happened in one of the first or second points straight out of factory. I would fully hold Native Instruments accountable for this. It is their responsibility to package their equipment properly, and also their resonsibility to get it to the 3rd party shipping companies in perfect condistion. Since different people shipped with different companies, I would say the problem came from the source. Really, Native Instruments should have did a better job with this, and has only caused their customers as well as themselves headache.

-PL>Y
    Dude the Jog Wheels us a magnetic technology that requires recalibration when the unit is knocked or when the software is updated.

THERE IS NO OPTION... recalibrating is mandatory.

Whatever the cause is NI will get to the bottom of it. Meanwhil everyone has to update to 1.0.1 so everyone has to recal.

WHen you get your S4 you will see just how the jogs work and you will understand that they need looking after.

Out of the box play is just not an option for such an advanced unit.

Takes 10 mins to setup and your rocking

Tech Mentor

Fair enough, I can't wait to experience to awesomeness.

Sorry to stay on that same topic, but I have one last question for you.

If I get really mobile with the S4, and the unit is going to be experiencing some shocks and jolts, do you think I'll need to recalibrate before every single gig?

-PL>Y

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Fair enough, I can't wait to experience to awesomeness.

Sorry to stay on that same topic, but I have one last question for you.

If I get really mobile with the S4, and the unit is going to be experiencing some shocks and jolts, do you think I'll need to recalibrate before every single gig?

-PL>Y
    I would just to be safe, but literally it takes less than 30 seconds. It should part of any smart persons start up routine if your moving it around.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

It's like DVS, you have to calibrate it before every gig too.

Also, on the point of not everybody having a forum to find solutions to problems. I think everybody who bought an S4 has the ability to go to the NI website, and contact customer service. I'm pretty sure they will have a template of an e-mail which explains what Karlos just explained. Nothing's perfect.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Recalibrating isnt needed before every gig. Only if you feel you have knocked the S4.

To be honest i have knocked mine (lightly) getting it in an out of the car and its been fine.
    Doesnt take long to recal. Just do it when your getting your set together as part of your pre-gig routine.

Gone a bit OT here.

Fucking sick! It takes all of 25 seconds to recalibrate! It works even more beautifully now! Stoked . <3 you guys!

I'm in NYC, and according to UPS, the last update was on the 3rd, leaving San Pablo, CA. Mine was scheduled to arrive on Monday, the 8th, but got pushed back to Tuesday.
    AtmospHouse - Deep Tech w/tracklist & dl
    Hard House v1 - Sandro Silva - Dirty Dutch w/tracklist & dl

http://soundcloud.com/redux/ - Enjoy =)

I have to say, I am extremely dissapointed by all of this.

Karlos, as somewhat of an expert on Traktor as well as controller hardware, you must not have been quite as panic'd as most people encountering problems. Do you not agree that considering the biggest selling point of this unit is plug-and-play and build quality as a close second (as well as all the other new features being a close second), that the S4 is becoming a boarderline fail? I'm saying this from the standpoint of a user who doesn't like to loose hair over problemshooting, and disslikes tweaking hardware. When I bought CDJ's, they didn't require any recalibration. They didn't require that I pull off the jog and snap () anything back in. This kind of freaks me out to be honest.

Back on topic: I fully support DJTT's, and that's why I try and buy my equipment from them even though it costs me more with shipping and takes much longer to get to my door (I have learned over several purchases). But the fact is, DJTT does cost more and/or it takes much longer to arrive. Simply put, you need to up the competitive anti because little things like this are going to sway your customers away. Maybe be champions of fast shipping? I know it's an extra cost, but one that will make customers happy, and keep customers from potentially leaving.

-PL>Y

I agree completely. I was going to start a thread to this effect. Even though I understand there NI bears some responsibility, DJTT marketed and sold the S4 on the premises that they had a exclusive deal with NI, would be one of the first place to receive them, and would ship out units on release date (Nov. 1st).

I fully support DJTT and appreciate the site being ad-free. DJTT in the last two years has become increasingly popular and the store has grown substantially. But if they keep having customer service and shipping issues, people are not going to buy from them.

I will still support DJTT, but I hope they listen to customer complaints and develop a more efficient shipping system.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast