Announcing the .TSI file format documentation (I've reverse-engineered it) - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe
    undo
    YES!!!!

But if we're gonna have an undo, we HAVE to have key shortcuts for it! I can't tell you how many times I've hit CTRL+Z while mapping!!!

So;

• KEY SHORTCUTS for regular actions
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Hmmm. I see potential fun with max/msp. Does Traktor refresh these automatically or do they load only on import or Traktor start? I'm thinking it would be a cool experiment to change mappings dynamically.

BTW, I'm on Mac
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Convert

Hi,

I've put together a beta TSI to CSV control map tool here:
    http://www.traktor-dj.co.uk/

It takes the controls for all devices in a single map and converts it into a human readable CSV file you can view in programs like excel. Please feel free to try it out and let us know your thoughts.

I'm currently working on a TSI merge tool, allowing you to merge 2 or more tsi control maps across multiple devices into a single tsi map file. I'll post again here as soon as the beta is ready.

Thanks to Ivan's work, it has enabled me to build these tools. If there any specific tools people would like for managing traktor control maps, either post or email us.

best, john

Tech Convert

Default tsi to csv (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by mrdorianjames View Post
    Hmmm. I see potential fun with max/msp. Does Traktor refresh these automatically or do they load only on import or Traktor start? I'm thinking it would be a cool experiment to change mappings dynamically.

BTW, I'm on Mac
    I believe it is just on load and import. I'm working on a web based UI for traktor mappings, this enabling cross platform and multiple device access. I have a beta of a TSI to CSV that gives a human readable version of a TSI control map for all devices contained within it.

Please try it out here and let us know of any issues, things missing or any other thoughts.
    http://www.traktor-dj.co.uk/

best, john

Great thread!
    Any idea if its now possible to extract text values like the track name and pass them or it would be available only after hooking up to the HID protocol?

Tech Wizard

Did this die out

Tech Wizard

Right! I spent a couple of hours looking through the file format and code last night and I think I should be able to at least make enough tweaks to make this application usable. Right now its just loading one specific file from the filesystem so I'll add load and sorting/searching functionality then send a pull request. That should get it to a state where its at least a better solution for browsing a TSI file than the controller manager. After that its onto editing functionality.

I won't have huge amounts of time to dedicate to this so don't expect big things straight away, hopefully others will join in and help out. djsmex, would you be up for sharing your CSV convert code?

We really do need a stand alone .tsi editor. Good luck to you, mate!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Wizard

Cool, so I've added TSI loading menus and sorting on any column, so its already better for searching long lists than the controller editor. I've started work on edit functionality too, which will be for the easy stuff first and later the more tricky stuff (things like a learn button would be cool!)
    My list of priorities:
    - Allow any item to be modified;
    - Allow saving of the TSI
    - Allow new items to be added;
    - Allow quick and easy duplication (duplicate a group and change various settings in one process)
    - Add easier menu items for Midi Note and Traktor Command (like the multiple-level dropdowns you see in the controller editor)
    - Copy and paste support
    - Add hardware links so we can use learn for midi-note etc

I've also emailed ivanz to see what his plans for the project are, hopefully we can get some forward movement happening!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast