What are you looking for in a Novation Launchpad mapping? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    nice mapping... also a nice controller, much more solid than a lot around these days. i just never had the patience to do too much directly in traktor's controller manager. tho i did create a pretty complete launchpad mapping using midikatapult to do the led colours. handy being able to add multiple generic devices in traktor for one actual midi device. also handy to isolate diff parts of the mapping so stuff is easier to find in that excuse of a controller editor
    Yes, controller manager need many improvements till v3 and we can only expect things like set multicolor background for labeling different groups of controls, to add more modifiers and condition slots for more capability and less devices involved to one tsi.

When working on mapping I put it on paper first and see what I need every part of mapping to do. While adding commands I can already know all assignments for say some FX combination, I like to add "Unload" which I don't map or use for anything except to type in comment for what comes next to be added to mapping, kind a note. I add one new unload after each new part of mapping to keep it more organized that way. When click on any unloads it will all highlite so when scrolling down mapping I can easily know way trough list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhamilton831 View Post
    Well i never thought there was so much to mapping lol. I thought i was the bees knees for making a simple mapping with a few modifiers and some effects. Theres a lot of work that needs to be done and a lot of learning!
    welcome to the world of midi mapping traktor may be quite limited in what u can do compared to apps like mixxx and vdj (or midimasher for that matter) but there's still heaps u can do. u just have to jump through a few hoops in traktor usually to achieve what u need to do.

checkout some of stewe's other posts for a heap of neat tricks you can do directly in traktor when mapping he's posted a bunch of cool tips and tricks to this thread for example http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...=23910&page=27

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Yes, controller manager need many improvements till v3 and we can only expect things like set multicolor background for labeling different groups of controls, to add more modifiers and condition slots for more capability and less devices involved to one tsi.

When working on mapping I put it on paper first and see what I need every part of mapping to do. While adding commands I can already know all assignments for say some FX combination, I like to add "Unload" which I don't map or use for anything except to type in comment for what comes next to be added to mapping, kind a note. I add one new unload after each new part of mapping to keep it more organized that way. When click on any unloads it will all highlite so when scrolling down mapping I can easily know way trough list.
    we haven't seen any improvements in the controller manager since traktor pro 1 i guess? i really hoped they'd at least do something for 2.5 but they just don't seem to see it as any kind of priority. if/when they add midi mapping for the remix decks maybe they'll hav e no choice then to make improvements? there again... i'm sure they could bodge in the settings they need into the current layout. next trick adding in those controls at the end of each section. hilighting controls with the same midi settings is one of the few good things about that mapping window. one pain is that the order u add controls can *sometimes* make a difference to the mapping and i don't think there's even any way to reorder them? mapping using xtrememapping is a lot better, but a pain u have to save+load into traktor to try anything out, which kind of negates it a bit unless you know what u need to add. even scrolling thru that controller manager isn't super easy...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I think it's all about feedback, and people obviously aren't sending many requests for this as further suggestion. Most of guys just open it when importing tsi, they don't need editor in fulscreen and faster scrolling.

They are concentrating more on issues and fixes should be priority. Isn't like they don't need bigger team working on suggestions at same time.

Thanks man! I'll be posting one more video tomorrow. It's about BCD3000 super fader.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Razzlesnaz View Post
    I would love a launchpad step sequencer for ableton. This way I could program in my beats like the Roland TR-909.

FTW

Aurex has some great stuff for the launchpad. Worth checking out. Also, no M4L required
    http://www.aurexmusic.com/launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    Aurex has some great stuff for the launchpad. Worth checking out. Also, no M4L required
    http://www.aurexmusic.com/launchpad
    damn that looks cool shame i can't use it as i only have live5, unless maybe it'll work with the live8le version? awesome that it doesn't need m4l! m4l may be great but it's also bloody expensive as an add on...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    damn that looks cool shame i can't use it as i only have live5, unless maybe it'll work with the live8le version? awesome that it doesn't need m4l! m4l may be great but it's also bloody expensive as an add on...
    I feel like it uses too many midi tracks for LE, but it never hurts to try

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123