How to Blink Track End Warning - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I made a quick video just to show you that it works and as you can see end warning will start to blink at -00:30 when waveform start to flash in red (screen).

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Take modifier 1 and map it to ch2.cc.42 where your end warning deck A is set and take modifier 2 and map it to some other button for deck B.
    But I'm using M1 to control Deck A Shift Button.

I'm only giving example with M1 and M2, you can use which ever is free in your mapping.

Track end warning is not defined with blinking LED state, instead it send just on/off massage as Yul said. I saw this question before. How I managed this to work is to set modifier (with output) and beat phase (with it's ModCon) on same button where your end warning LED is mapped. When track reach end zone LED switch on (normally) and then set modifier to value 1 (or whatever) and then blink become activated. But. It worked well for my bcd3000 but this other guy couldn't make it to work on his controller.
    Hi,

I was trying to build somehow the same. But it seems that I don't even get the "Track End Warning" to work to simply switch on the LED of a simple button. So what I want in the first place is to just switch the left Cue Button from Deck A CH01.CC.0017 (BCD3000) on, if the track in Deck A is going to end.
    That's why a added and Output with the following:
    "Track End Warning, OUT, DECK A, OUTPUT, Ch01.CC.0017"
    -> that's what I have done. But it does not show up when the track is about to end (flashing red in traktor). Do I miss some easy step? Do I have to wait I listen to the whole song and not just jump to the end before it will work or sth. else?

Any ideas are welcome. And yes I also tried with different Lights (Synch, Scratch etc.)
    greetings
    funkypopcorn

Oh no, google helped me out now...

Seems to be a bug of my specific Traktor version 2.11.
    "The out command Track End Warning no longer works.
    Issue in: Traktor 2.1.1, added on October 4, 2011
    Fixed in: Traktor 2.1.2"

So if anyone comes across the same problem, just upgrade to 2.1.2...

Glad you solve that. One thing is odd, how your button sends midi CC? That's what faders do in bcd.

Glad you solve that. One thing is odd, how your button sends midi CC? That's what faders do in bcd.
    Hey stewe,

thx for replying. I think I don't get your question/answer (Maybe you mean that the Phones Mix has the same CC-Number, also CC0017 - That confuses me as well, but it's also the MIDI CC no for the Left CUE Light)

To make it more clear:
    First of all the Track End Warning now works with the following:
    "Track End Warning, OUT, DECK A, OUTPUT, Ch01.CC.0017"
    So the light of my left CUE Button (DECK A) turns on now when Track End is recognized. That's cool, but still I was not able to reproduce your settings with the flashing light.
    My configuration is as follows:
    - "Track End Warning, OUT, DECK A, OUTPUT, Ch01.CC.0017"
    - "Modifier#1, IN, GLOBAL, DIRECT, Ch01.CC.0017, M1=1" -> (Type=Button, Interaction=Direct, SetToValue=1)
    - "Beat Phase, OUT, DECK A, OUTPUT, Ch01.CC.0017, M1=1" -> (Range=-0.05000 to 0.10000, MidiRange=0 to 127)

With this it's not working, but when I remove the Modifier#1 and the TrackEndWarning and the Conditions from BeatPhase, the CUE light is blinking. So the blinking of the BeatPhase and the Range should be right.
    I don't know what's wrong, but could it be that TrackEndWarning is continually sending a 1 (on-signal) to the CUE light, so that it will not listen to the BeatPhase Command?

Hopefully you can help me to figure it out and get it working. Would be great!

I tried more stuff but still I do not get it to work...

Again my idea is:
    1. I have a TrackEndWarning output changing the LED of the left CUE to light up when the track is nearly finished.
    (It's strange but this only works when I have BLEND enabled, for some reason)
    2. I listen with a Modifier input on that LED and when it turns to a 1 it should trigger the modifier and set a value.

right? or do I have a wrong understanding how modifiers and this stuff works?
    Or is it possible that there is still a bug with the TrackEndWarning in Traktor 2.5?

Midi for left cue is note "G0" and you're right for CC.017 has been phones mix CC so it looks like your bcd is confused sending that same massage trough button... Also make sure bcd is in advanced mode and at what time is warning set to be activated (preferences >track deck)!!

As for settings you have posted everything looks fine. I didn't experienced issue with end warning in 2.5 or 2.5.1

hey stewe,
    thx a lot for trying to help me, but I gave it up now. I think with my logic it should work, but it does not... Anyway at least I have some kind of an indicator now. My play button turns off and the Cue button turns on when Track End Warning is fetched. But of course it's not as cool as a blinking light.
    thx anyway

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast