zimfella's setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Last edited by zimfella; 12-23-2012 at 05:55 AM.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

looking great there loving the vinyls and uv picture

cheers buddy how you enjoying the reloop contour?

another new setup then? looks bloody impressive... i'd like to get some decks again sometime, even if only to use with the vinyl collection i still have.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Lol yeah, my mate bought a one way ticket to Thailand and left his decks with me to look after had to get dvs. But actually I just prefer midi controlers with traktor and normal vinyl by itself. Especially with all the deep house records I'm looking after.

very nice i think i'd like to have a dvs setup, but so long as i could easily switch between timecode and playing my actual records. i'm really very happy with the jogs and pitch faders on those cdj101's you gave me tho tbh so if/when i do buy turntables again (used to have sl1200 mk2's) it'll be mostly for playing real records on... you've still got any contour's?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

To switch between timecode and normal is just flicking the line in/phono switch on the mixer, to easy. Yeah still got one contour . A controller edition. I do enjoy it, so many buttons n stuff available to map is very handy to try things out. Saw what you got out of those dj tech cdj 101's, very impressive. Djtech should sign you up! they are cool controllers those. I have not tried out Mixx yet, be interesting to check it out. Although my tinnitus is getting worse so thinking about concentrating more on production and let someone else destroy their ears mastering my terrible tunes.

cheers i managed to eek out quite a bit of functionality given the buttons available without actually having all that many layers really. i miss being able to move the needle on a real turntable so like having quite a few different seeking options. beat grids are great in mixxx as all you need to do is move to the start of a beat and set the grid to start from there. sync atm is tempo sync only so it just works really well.

ass re: the tinnitus, definitely have to be careful with your ears then. production is fun, i'm trying to get back into it. haven't quite successfully made the transition to soft synths where all i used to use were physical ones. i do like being able to fit all my equipment in a laptop bag tho atm trying to find my way around massive, that free moog vst that was given away the other month and the free synth1 now it's on mac.

Tech Mentor

Nice set-up.

Hoping to get dvs set-up on the new system (when it arrives).
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

cheers buddy, it's so much fun. But when I play out I just use x1 and soundcard with the house mixer. If my mate had not lent me his turntables indefinately while he travels, I would still be rocking the reloop contours. Can't have it all but will damn well try Looking forward to seeing new updated pics of your setup

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast