Opening set! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opening set!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    He just said he's never opened and only has bangers, and he's asking for what kind of music to play.
    Where the f*** in the OP does it say he only has bangers? Learn to read.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJSp1n View Post
    Keep it chill, I made a little mix, based on that, http://soundcloud.com/juanugueto. Take it easy, add a banger or two, not to many.
    Do you have a track list?

Nice mix man...this is EXACTLY the type of feel i want to start my night off with. When i spin Tech/Deep/Minimal my style of DJing totally changes than when im doing my electro/complextro/Big room

I like to layer a lot when im doing the more laid back stuff, and more fx based when i do my bangers as its really hard to layer 2 songs that have a million different sounds coming out at once
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gapout View Post
    When i spin Tech/Deep/Minimal my style of DJing totally changes than when im doing my electro/complextro/Big room
    Opening DJ is a prime position to be in. No pressure really, just 'arriving music' for most, and the ability to take liberties and be somewhat creative with limited risk.

I am the same as you, love to spin deep stuff that builds up to something more along the lines of what the next DJ will be spinning, without trying to step into his crate of records so to speak or steal his genre thunder.

Remember the job is to compliment not out do the next DJ... at least in my book. It is about setting a tone for the night.

I love the sunset set! Best of luck!
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch
    http://soundcloud.com/eizhauz

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rdubs View Post
    LOL he can't read? Thank god that guy is banned.

Tech Mentor

Practice it out a little, I'll get the tracklist for you in a minute, I have it here somewhere, You want people to dance, move their feet and shake their heads a little, a good melodic feel, not for people to go crazy with bangers, leave that to the main man. I was going for that in my mix, a simple mix but it has that opening chilled feeling of the night.

Tech Mentor

Tracklist on my mix:
    1.Subb-an - The Lovers Night feat. Beckford
    2.Gary Beck - Hey Big Girl
    3.Marco Carola - Black Box
    4.Tom Middleton - Cicadas (Maya Jane Coles Remix)
    5.Nick Curly - Cozumel
    6.Oliver S- Doin' Ya Thang
    7. Sean Miller & Daniel Dubb - Sinnerman
    I think thats all.

Tech Mentor

Lol I'm just promoting my mix, I want it to get out there, it only has like 20 plays.

Tech Mentor

Download it

Banned

So let me get this straight, dude instigates me and calls me a dick and yet I'm the one who get banned, even though the OP actually commented and said my post was useful?

If I'm banned that's fine, but should dude be banned as well then for doing the same?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rdubs View Post
    Why else would he be asking what to play if that wasn't the only track selection he has?

You don't ask what to play for an opening set if you already have the tunes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast