Xonetacular's Setup - Page 28
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

thanks. no still not bankrupt yet but I don't have any savings that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFS View Post
    Why did you sell the Virus?
    I was mostly using it for basses and monosynth type stuff and now the modular does all of that better and more easily. It's a great synth but I really wanted a machinedrum and was too impatient to save for one- plus I sold the virus on ebay and made like $250 profit from what I paid. I may get a virus c in the future if I could find a good deal on one and miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Oof!

(Unfortunately I also know how that feels.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

freaking clean setup. much love (and envy )
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

so how much dust does all the DJ gear have on it?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Mentor

you're a lucky guy!
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

How is the machinedrum to use ?

I've been drooling over it for quite a while but just can't make myself spend that much money on it.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    But therefore you've got one of the most admirable setups here and the longest thread I guess
    Looking forward to hear from you how the Machinedrum sounds.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Tech Mentor

So, plans to get rid of maschine? I also have a maschine and was considering getting a machinedrum, but I feel like there might be too much overlap.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

my machine is edu version so i can't sell it and it stays. I would probably keep it anyway- there are a lot of good sounds in machine

hey, im looking for some guidence
    how do you like the akai mpk keyboard? ive also been looking at the akai mpk and everybody says that when you replace the pads with extra thick mpc pads they feel as good as the maschines pads (they are like 30 bucks for the sheet, not bad). but i dont really need them, i mean i already have the maschine. so all i need is the keys and maybe the mixer section. then there is the idea of getting a synth that has midi functionality, but i cant decide there either. looked the access virus ti2 is a pretty bad A synthesizer with midi but its freakin $3000 new. plus no mixer section.

how come you went with tiptop for the modular set up? ever think of getting a mixer?
    i must admit your setup does look nice! freakin awsome gear man!