Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 26
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    Can I upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 without having to upgrade tsi's.

I have mine tweak quite a bit from eans, and the thought of having to start over is dreadful.

I really just want better res jogs.
    Look at the last page of the PDF walkthrough that is included in the download zip file. It shows what Midi commands have changed in the VCI-100 FW1.4. That should be all you need to remap the controls on your existing custom mapping.

is there anyway of doing this upgrade in linux? more precisely, in ubuntu.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dead_devil_66 View Post
    is there anyway of doing this upgrade in linux? more precisely, in ubuntu.
    Iirc, I've seen a discussion over on ubuntuforums.org on flashing/programming certain Renesas microcontrollers. But I know way too little about this to give any more concrete advice.

Me thinks someone here might be able to tell you what exact chip Vestax uses in the VCI. Then you can ask on a forum more specialized in Linux and/or development for embedded devices about how to carry out the flashing. Probably you'd save time if you used someone else's Windows box instead. EDIT: Or perhaps someone knows if wine runs the Renesas toolkit (I doubt it, though).

so...no one???

I just got my Firmware chip in the mail today and was stoked!!
    I cant wait to be using the new 1.4 version for my VCI and slapping on my also new VCI 100 SE DJtechtools overlays but had some problems with installation.

#1, I'm a Mac, user, don't know much about PC shit, but was using a friend's PC at my place.
    I downloaded the software from the links on DJTT but no luck at opening them or getting them running on the PC.

I couldn't even get the (mot file) (VCI 100 DaveX) to open in the program development tool kit.
    I got through all the steps in the video and removed all the backing and used a serial to serial cable like recommended but when step 11 was shown I didn't even have that screen in the menu.

I'm positive the PC was running windows XP and not sure why I couldn't view the same screen as shown in the video. I could only access this step in my attempt and took a screen shot to capture my frustration.

Any advise or assistance will be very appreciated, I only have use of a PC for a few days and will then have to look at either trying another cable, or a serial to usb, trying it through boot camp for MAC, or the last staw spending the $$$ for a second hand PC just to make another attempt.
    Help me please!!!
    View the Attachment ----> Microsoft word file
    MacBook 13"- N.I. Audio Kontol 1- Vextax VCI-100 - N.I.Traktor Pro - M Audio BX5A

it says file loaded...

it says file loaded...
    Ya it says file loaded but no options for anything came up in the workspace.
    I had nowhere to add my cable type, crystal speed ect..
    This screen was the only thing I could access. I'm going to try to do it again using bootcamp, and a serial - usb cable and see if I get anything that way.
    MacBook 13"- N.I. Audio Kontol 1- Vextax VCI-100 - N.I.Traktor Pro - M Audio BX5A

hmm why isn't any staff of djtt answering in here?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

hmm why isn't any staff of djtt answering in here?
    Actually the DJTT staff don't get on here very much. It's mostly just manned by community members that like helping people.

Do you not get the device selection screen at all? Double check that the VCI is off (switch in the center) when you run the software. Are you positive you're running the basic version? Are you starting the program by clicking start>programs>Renases and then the basic version? I ask this because it could be possible that a desktop shortcut was created to the wrong version if that's how you're starting the program.

If you sure you're are running the basic version try uninstalling the program by going to start>control panel>add remove programs and then installing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Language View Post
    Ya it says file loaded but no options for anything came up in the workspace.
    I had nowhere to add my cable type, crystal speed ect..
    This screen was the only thing I could access. I'm going to try to do it again using bootcamp, and a serial - usb cable and see if I get anything that way.
    I did mine in Bootcamp. Let us know how it goes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yesterday I installed to 1.4 FW.

If I read here before I would not have done it.

Now I need a fix for pops and hisses when playing with FX
    Why is the glitch fix not automatically added as before?

now I have a crap sounding VCI which I can not use at gigs.
    Last edited by FUFR; 01-15-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    Y M C A !

2x 1200sl, Denon MC-6000, VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midifighter, BCR 2000, Traktor X1, Tracktor Scratch Pro, Pioneer 600 mixer, a mother in law (for sale!) and loads of coffee!