Show Your Setup Part II - Page 25
Page 25 of 125 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

@tops: Tell me about it dude, today I was trying to explain to a guy who just got turntables and has no experience that buying serato, ableton and some controllers isn't the best way to start. Spesh since he wasn't actually sure what they did or why he wanted them other than "I saw a youtube video with someone and they had them"
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

I did 2 years of research before I even bought my midi keyboard. I get so sick of kids who are like 13 and have 45 different midi controllers, Virtual dj, traktor, serato, FL studio and ableton all running :P and do the Shittiest mixes. I wanted something simple and effective. People don't get that anymore, they feel the need to own as much flashy gear as they can possibly get their paws on.

Quote Originally Posted by feelthecisuM View Post
    I did 2 years of research before I even bought my midi keyboard. I get so sick of kids who are like 13 and have 45 different midi controllers, Virtual dj, traktor, serato, FL studio and ableton all running :P and do the Shittiest mixes. I wanted something simple and effective. People don't get that anymore, they feel the need to own as much flashy gear as they can possibly get their paws on.
    Where have you been all my life!!!

I agree totally with you mate, forking out on the latest gear does nothing for your talent. Starting small is the way to go - if you cant rock the house with a $100 midi controller, there's no way CDJ2000's are going to make you any better.

As a side note, I was a scorekeeper at a local DJ comp, and the only person who bombed on the night way the guy who owned CDJ2000s - he couldnt do anything without the technology (and I mean not even beatmatch!). Less is more - just look at Madeon's Pop Culture mash-up. Ableton and Launchpad. Simple.

/rant
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

yeah man i agree soo much, i am 15, started djing when i was twelve because a mate asked me to mind his cdjs while he took a bathroom break and the music went dead and then i scratched in another song , but he has cdj2000 and a djm2000, but cant mix for crap. I use an x-session pro and a few homemade bits and i can mix alot better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    There's no Midi Fighters in that picture, that's what's suppp
    i Lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by seitz View Post

suppp
    JBL sub under the desk? How does it go?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 16b441khz View Post
    i Lol'd

JBL sub under the desk? How does it go?
    boooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Hilarious. I was scrolling down and read "how does it go?" in my head I said boooooom! and the very next post...

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    My current setup, pre twitch. Tbh this'll probably stay as one setup with Twitch being totally separate. It's mostly sitting on bits of found wood, the monitor at the back is actually on a part of a beehive.

Sorry for the cable mess!
    i want those knobs for the vci soooooooo bad, do you know when there gonna have them back, or do you know another supplier, just wondering
    Last edited by tekki; 08-25-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: cleaning up. ;)
    VCI-100 Arcade Edition :: Midi Fighter :: Traktor Pro 2 :: Macbook Pro 13" 2.4 GHz :: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

boooommmmm!!!!

that pic doesnt have my qsc heads and sub in it all linked up...damn i got a mini rave set up in that room all i need is a disco ball

i knew that was coming as soon as i posted :P