Show your Setup! - Page 24
Page 24 of 469 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

@djxsquizet = I'm using ableton for composing, remixing, realtime fills and manipulation. Since I got the DN-HS5500 I actually haven't touched tracktor. I <3 that damn denon... I'm trying to figure out what to keep when I buy a second one.

@Tekki BCR for the WIN!

@Fatlimey never enough buttons... I just wish i had a third arm on my left side and 2 extra fingers per hand.

@Jo3 thanks!

I'm hoping that I'll be able to pump out some sounds soon for everyone's critique.

Also anyone have tips on how to not completely kill my gear out at Burning Man this year? I'm not new to the playa and I know how fucking dusty everything gets.... but I've never taken equipment out there so I've got no clue on how to try and keep it from getting completely destroyed.

Cheers,
    sYn
    Last edited by sYn0ptik; 02-09-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sYn0ptik View Post
    @Tekki BCR for the WIN!
    You betcha!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Ok so here's my setup
    Macbook Pro, Faderfox Micromodul DX2, DJM-800 mixer, HD-25 headphones, Bose Wave Musicsystem...

And on the second pictues you see my big Speakers (JBL Centrury) with a the great Marantz Amp (they sound so good). For mixing at home I usually take the small Bose, but when friends come over I mix on the big ones

Yo Maurice, what's the responsivness of the Faderfox? What's the build quality like?

I've been seeing them around a lot lately, it's starting to get me interested.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

The quality is great. Never had any problems. They run with batteries or adaptor (I got mine since about 8 month and never had to change batteries)
    Another positive point is that they deliver settings for Traktor and Ableton Live on their homepage including layouts that you can print out. The DX2 module is specially for traktor when using an external mixer. I'm thinking of getting another DX2 or maybe one of those A&H 1d controllers.
    Bottom line: great product!

No digital goings on for me yet ... so close though then all these records can be digitalized and stored away.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Sweet desk
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Why thankyou ....

.... Its a bit shit to be honest ... looks nice could do with a paint but its pretty damn wobbly out of teh box. I had to put three planks accross the back to strengthen it up.

As soon as i go digital though i think it will go as i will get a desk that i can just load everything onto. PC Xbox TV Laptop etc ...

G

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

That sucks. I've been trying to find a desk to use for my stuff but I don't want to spend the $300 and I hate having the 29" tables that everyone sells.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

After much deliberation as to what gear to get, I decided it was just to easy to Build my own controller.... Built it in about 5 minutes, what do you guys think?

And heres my Back up power supply.........:eek:

oh, And my computers......

And last but not least, My girlfriend...... happy valentines day Baby
    Last edited by tekki; 02-12-2009 at 04:18 AM.