Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 22
Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Thanks Z, that's a real bummer as I despise repetition and tedious tasks.

I wish wish wish we could modify maps in Excel or another streamlining software. How nice would that be...

it is a pain in the ass for some reason they locked the xml down with traktor pro - before that u could edit the xml file so just do search+replaces and stuff. if you're on mac tho u have to hope that xtrememapping adds that feature in sometime. apparently they had thought about it but figured it would be too dangerous as people might edit more than they had intended.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Hi guys. I have 2 NDX 800s (from numark, mixer also from there) and I want to map my M6 usb mixer but just won't work and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to map it so i can mix. The sound from the mixer soundcard can be heard, master also works but in traktor won't show the master fader going up or down. and if I move the bass mid or treble in traktor they won't move, they're not mapped. My players are working. I also have the LE version of traktor. Can you help me please? I don't know what to do, really

you can't create (or use) custom mappings in traktor LE as far as i know (tho i've never used it personally). traktor just comes i think with the setup wizard and ships with support for the controllers it came with. traktor pro is very cheap these days tho.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

I found out. The problem is that my mixer (numark m6 usb) does not send midi information so that's why I can not use it.. Is there any method to use my players together with this mixer on some kind of mixing software? [the players are working perfectly on traktor but the mixer won't work on any controller i guess]

so long as your soundcard has two stereo outs then select "external mixing mode" in traktor, route each deck to the outs and wire them into channels A and B of your mixer. an Audio2 card should be enough for this (and cheap) if you don't have that many outputs atm. you didn't say what sound card you were using. or can the ndx 800's be used as soundcards?

there is just one soundcard in the mixer. I don't think I can use my ndx 800 as soundcards.

your mixer *is* your soundcard? then just select the mixer as your audio device and use traktor in external mixing mode. you dont need the internal volumes+eq in traktor if you have the external mixer. the website only says "USB computer connection for playing and recording with Mac or PC" but i presume if it's a 4 channel mixer it must show up as an audio device with 4 stereo outputs? then in external mixing mode u just select one for each deck. you wont see any controls changing in traktors mixer but u don't need them to as you're doing it in your own mixer. in the "Mixer" area of prefs u can disable "EQ + Fader" and also "Crossfader" which is how i have it setup as i do all that in ableton live in much the same way you'll be doing it in your mixer. it also gives more space for displaying the decks in traktor and i prefer it that way.

i asked recently the guys from numark and they said my mixer is not a midi controller and won't send any midi information so then, can your method still work? Because I really hope your method still works

Quote Originally Posted by paultrifan View Post
    i asked recently the guys from numark and they said my mixer is not a midi controller and won't send any midi information so then, can your method still work? Because I really hope your method still works
    yes - as this has nothing to do with midi - so long as when you select the mixer as your audio device it shows u have 8 output choices - two for each stereo pair input to the mixer

select external mixing in traktor + select the mixer as audio device and output routing + hide the mixer controls from the traktor display (since you won't be using them) + select headphone cue'ing from the controls on your mixer

then just use the levels + eq etc on the mixer itself - no need for any midi