Cross Platform Visual Mapper - TSI Format - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

just a simple idea..

do you know something about the "one line of binary crap" ?

is the binary code
    in every tsi file the same... or different ?

as long as thats every time the same .. it sould not be a prob .... ?!

ps.

whats withe the tsi merger ..
    you got to files.. both have this binary sequence ... the megrer need to handle that sequence too so my idea is now

take two tsi files .. lookt at the binarycode ... if there same .. good to know ^^
    merge the files an look again in the merged file for the binarycode ..did it chage ? wehn yes how

i think the guy who wrote the merger knows about the binary code.
    Last edited by Phill; 12-31-2009 at 08:38 AM.

I had never looked inside the TSI format files until today. I thought the question was interesting, and since I'm a programmer I thought I'd look at it.

What I am seeing is a little bit of trivial xml code at the start and end. The majority of the file is just a bunch of random characters with the sequence "/////" popping up over and over again (probably a separator?).

My guess is that you're just looking at some form of serialization. The big random string seems to be the only important part of the file. The fact that they need all the other XML crap suggests to me that they're using some sort of library to serialize it for them.

If I'm right then the good news is deserializing it is easy once you know what function they used. The bad news is that you probably won't have these functions available to you in Adobe Air. This might be a factor behind why the tsi viewer/merger uses .net.

However, I'd really just have to get my hands on the tsi viewer source code to really know for sure. Other than that your best best is probably to just reverse engineer it bit by bit. Add only one mapping into the TSI and see what comes out. Change it slightly and see the difference.
    Last edited by TWD; 12-31-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Tech Mentor

Rainer G. Haselier wrote a TSI viewer didn't he?
    Or is that a different one? Anyway my understanding was there's no viewer/merger for any TSI post Traktor 1.2.

Also I think TWD is on the right track.
    Why NI continue to block this sort of development and seem to actively fight it is utterly beyond me unless you want to play devils advocate and say they are making it harder so people will only buy pre-mapped/HID hardware.

Tech Wizard

The least they could do is make the window for the mapper resizable.

Geez,
    Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12